I find that my e-mail only updates once every few minutes sometimes, but other times it takes 10 - 15 mins before I get a message someone told me they sent. Other times yet I get the e-mail within seconds just like on my PC.

Is there a way to manually send/receive (like in Outlook) or can I set the period in which the unit checks for mail?

Thanks!
    03-09-09 07:29 AM
    Who knows buddy. For all intents and purposes, the blackberry email is "always on" so perhaps there are one or more server issues (e.g. perhaps your sender's email is not being sent exactly when s/he says it is being sent) interfering.

The unit checks for mail quite often hence Blackberry's reputation for instant connectivity.
    03-09-09 07:41 AM
    Well not that it matters but I will be sitting at my desktop and get email and then maybe 10 minutes - 15 minutes later get it on my blackberry.

Its hit or miss though. And, in my office, I have 4 bars of connectivity so its definitely connected...
    03-09-09 09:05 AM
    It depends on your ISP. I have Verizon POP3 e-mail and mine's like that...10-15 minutes before it arrives on the BB. Apparently, this is how it works. It polls every 15 min. If it finds a message, it gets it and then continues to poll every 2-3 minutes for the next 10 minutes...or something like that (was posted here in the past).

I set up a gMail account (getting rid of my Verizon DSL) and set it up on the BB. It's INSTANT. I hit send from my work Outlook...a second later "bing", my Blackberry goes off telling me I have a message.
    03-09-09 09:08 AM
    Well not that it matters but I will be sitting at my desktop and get email and then maybe 10 minutes - 15 minutes later get it on my blackberry.

Its hit or miss though. And, in my office, I have 4 bars of connectivity so its definitely connected...
    This could be how things are setup external to your BB. Are you setup for BES or BIS? If you are BIS, and you have forwarding setup on an Outlook client, then you could be looking at a delay between receipt and then forward on your email server. This wouldn't be a BB issue.

Like someone else posted, I have a gmail acct setup with my Storm. If I send an email to it there is almost no delay. It seems like my BB is constantly polling the gmail acct.
    03-09-09 10:40 AM
    It seems like my BB is constantly polling the gmail acct.

It seems like that because that's the way it is. That's the definition of "push" email.
    03-09-09 01:21 PM
    In the email account

menu > reconcile now

if I understand your original question, that's what you need to do to check it manually
    03-09-09 01:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD