15th and 23rd isnt too far from now....why have they not given us a official launch date yet????? do they really not know when they will be able to fix some bugs on the OS. what gives?
    11-08-08 11:16 PM
    "Official dates" worked out so great for AT&T I don't blame them in the slightest. Without an official date you don't have to see flame post after flame post after for business needs it moves back.
    11-08-08 11:19 PM
    ..why have they not given us a official launch date yet?????
    Um, maybe they don't have one yet. Hey, why hasn't Toyota told us what the price and availability is on the 2010 Corolla?
    11-08-08 11:51 PM
    Um, maybe they don't have one yet. Hey, why hasn't Toyota told us what the price and availability is on the 2010 Corolla?
    because 2010 is years from now, I'm just saying that the speculated dates of Nov 15th 23rd and now December at the latest are only a few weeks from now.... I've never followed a cellphone release date before (other electronics yes) is this normal? to wait until a week or two before actual release date.
    11-08-08 11:57 PM
    Cuz the 09 model just came out and it's not even 2009.
    11-08-08 11:58 PM
    Cuz the 09 model just came out and it's not even 2009.
    yeah, but the '10 will be out in just a few months
    11-09-08 12:46 AM
    I think the biggest question is why Verizon hasn't gone into TA yet. According to others on CB, it would take 2-3 weeks to release upon TA.

Getting antsy
    11-09-08 12:56 AM
    seriously, you're comparing the storm with a corolla???
    11-09-08 01:01 AM
    I think the biggest question is why Verizon hasn't gone into TA yet. According to others on CB, it would take 2-3 weeks to release upon TA.

Getting antsy

By TA I assume you mean "technical acceptance"

and that I believe was a while ago =)

edit: I didn't word this right (they went into ta a while ago I thought)
    Last edited by noaim; 11-09-08 at 02:58 AM.
    11-09-08 02:37 AM
    verizon does **** like that sometimes, this phone is heavily anticipated, i wouldn't say its "normal" that most phones are released like this, but sometimes this is whats necessary for phone companies
    11-09-08 07:06 AM
    how about sitting around for the Camaro or Volt ... any day any day

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-08 07:45 AM
    because 2010 is years from now, I'm just saying that the speculated dates of Nov 15th 23rd and now December at the latest are only a few weeks from now.... I've never followed a cellphone release date before (other electronics yes) is this normal? to wait until a week or two before actual release date.
    Yes it is absolutely normal. There is never a real release date on phones, majority of phones show up out of the blue with no official release announcements. The storm is probably not going to have some huge difference than any other phone, because release dates are hard to pinpoint, and OS's aren't exactly like stitching a piece of clothing, changing one variable can cause others to go crazy, not easy at all.

Once they accept a final stabalized build you will receive a release date, because someone here will leak it, officially. Also I'm sure they are going to have a preorder campaign, can't gaurantee but would make sense to predict quantity needed in locations.
    11-09-08 07:51 AM
    verizon does **** like that sometimes, this phone is heavily anticipated, i wouldn't say its "normal" that most phones are released like this, but sometimes this is whats necessary for phone companies

It definitely is normal, . Like I previously stated, most phones launch without ever being advertised, shown off, announced, or have a release date previously. Just the nature of the business, it's better to side on the tell you nothing side than tell you something, because for people that know about it now vs after a release date is released and word gets out, if the release date isn't met it's gonna be he11 on earth!
    11-09-08 07:52 AM
    "Official dates" worked out so great for AT&T I don't blame them in the slightest. Without an official date you don't have to see flame post after flame post after for business needs it moves back.
    No flame posts? I've seen quite a few actually.
    There is no release date yet, never has been one up to now, and still people are b*tching about it not being released in time? I understand all of it and I know it is hard to wait on such a pretty gadget, but come on.. I bet Verizon/Vodafone have their (perfectly good) reasons for not releasing the device. I am waiting myself, this is the first time I have pre-ordered a phone/gadget and have been so hyped over it as I am now. But just be patient and wait for it, it will be here
    11-09-08 07:59 AM
    Hehe benji if there was a release date and it wasn't met trust me, we both know, it would be SO much worse than it is now and I would probably never look in the storm forums again.
    11-09-08 08:14 AM
    True, it would be WORSE. But there s flaming all over right now, even without a release date.
    Best thing RIM/Verizon/Vodafone could have done is not release any info untill they have a release date
    I know stuff will leak anyways, but leaking isn't confirmed, the reviews and info that RIM et all are spilling is. This makes everyone hyper and bashing around because it is not here yet.
    11-09-08 08:22 AM
    Did not want to start a new thread for this. Will Verizon have sufficient inventory of the Storm to meet the initial demand?
    11-09-08 11:54 AM
    Don't think inventory will be an issue......I think what is driving people here nuts is the fact that we knew about the phone way before the general public. We have been waiting more than twice as long as the public and yes it is nuts......but I would rather have all of the info gathered here than walking in the store with no knowledge......
    11-09-08 11:58 AM
    It would seem they're anticipating so...to the effect I've heard employees were told it will be available to them at the same time it is to the public, which didn't happen on the previous highly anticipated devices.
    11-09-08 11:59 AM
    Yeah, but I'd rather wait an extra week or two to have a more fully functional (and overall) less buggy phone than one that might crash. Which, (rumors obviously) is what people are saying, problems with the software not responding well and all that
    11-09-08 12:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD