With .328 my S1 just works and I can't quite justify another 2yrs. Not sure if I can hold out much longer tho.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-09 04:42 AM
    I am (Until Friday morning, anyway).
    11-03-09 04:44 AM
    Well I have until the 24th to make up my mind.
    11-03-09 05:13 AM
    If you pay over 59.99 for your base plan (without data, etc), I believe you're eligible for a yearly upgrade at the 2yr contract price.
    11-03-09 06:37 AM
    Oh yeah, they're out there. I believe the technical term for them is: "People who want something other than a Storm2".
    11-03-09 06:41 AM
    Same here.
    11-03-09 07:24 AM
    I am slightly confused as to how some Storm Troopers are eligible now since the Storm has only been out a year. I assume some of you must have gone with a one year contract and payed more? Wish I had.

jrohland
    Actually, I am holding out even though I am eligible. The S1 worked pretty well before .328 for me, now it works even better. The S2 is pretty cool, but I want to see what comes next. I am considering a droid, but I made that first phone mistake...original moto Q and I don't want to do that again. I just love the bb though, so not sure I will switch. I only have 2 people that a rarely converse with on bbm, so that isn't holding me back either.

To answer your confusion though, I started off with a curve and after about a year of that I decided I wanted a storm. After enough searching on craigslist, I found a guy that would take my curve and $125 for his "extra" storm that his wife didn't like. So I got the storm, and didn't have to upgrade again.

My daughter just got a Tour, and while its nice, I wasn't enamored enough with that to want to switch. I figured I would miss the big screen too much, since I use my phone a lot to web browse (even though all the browsers kinda suck).
    11-03-09 07:25 AM
    If you pay over 59.99 for your base plan (without data, etc), I believe you're eligible for a yearly upgrade at the 2yr contract price.
    That's my excuse!
    11-03-09 07:26 AM
    I'm staying with a S1 despite my alternate lines eligibility. I mean the S2 is nice and call, but not worth the money when there are several better alternatives just over the horizon.
    11-03-09 07:46 AM
    So if I'm reading this right....if you pay over $59.99/month then you're eligible for the upgrade at 2 year pricing?

I pay $185/month for my 2 lines...so would that mean I can get a new phone every year at the 2 year pricing?

Thanks
    Shayne
    11-03-09 08:22 AM
    I htink wifi is a huge difference, was going to get a S1, but need wifie
    11-03-09 08:30 AM
    Reason being I am on TMO
    11-03-09 08:31 AM
    Does anyone NOT know that BK is getting a Droid on friday?
    11-03-09 08:58 AM
    I am slightly confused as to how some Storm Troopers are eligible now since the Storm has only been out a year. I assume some of you must have gone with a one year contract and payed more? Wish I had.

jrohland

some of us bought our storms from an outside source.... me i got mine for 50 bucks brand new in box from a friend of mine that was going through a divorce it was his wifes phone that he shut off.... i had him call in to say it was lost/stolen and they shipped him a new unit in the box. (possibly a refurb)
    11-03-09 09:56 AM
    So if I'm reading this right....if you pay over $59.99/month then you're eligible for the upgrade at 2 year pricing?

I pay $185/month for my 2 lines...so would that mean I can get a new phone every year at the 2 year pricing?

Thanks
    Shayne
    I may be wrong but I believe that you have to have a family share plan.. and then it's only the primary number that qualifies for the 2yr pricing after 12 months.. but I'm not a cs rep....you would have to call them to be sure.
    11-03-09 09:57 AM

jrohland

I have a family plan with 5 lines. they all have different upgrade dates. I just used one of those upgrades and moved it onto my line
    11-03-09 10:28 AM
    Touche brother! Bwahahahaha

11-03-09 11:34 AM
    Im thinking of this

BB Storm was my first BB.

I'm thinking of saying Hi to the Moto Droid on Friday.

I will check that out and see if I like it.

I dont see any difference in changing to a storm 2 because in a way, all blackberries are about the same. The OS always looks the same, the only unique thing about it is the storm is a touch screen.
    11-03-09 11:41 AM
    Why is everybody wondering when they will be eligible for upgrade. It should say for you on the Verizon site exactly when you're eligible for upgrade Just sign into My Verizon. I'm not eligible until 8/24 2009
    11-03-09 12:01 PM
    It'll be interesting to see how much grief the s2 gives people. Will it be any different to the s1 and the sh1t that brought with it?

11-03-09 12:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD