I'm thinking about buying an invisible shield for my storm, I wanted some opinions on how it is, pros and cons, from people who have experienced it. Things like how long it lasts, if it scratches, ect.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.
    02-12-09 05:11 PM
    I was thinking about this too, as adding one of those rubber covers makes it even bigger than it already is, and a belt clip gah.....
    Last edited by brypoint; 02-12-09 at 05:23 PM. Reason: cant spell fo sh...
    02-12-09 05:17 PM
    Had them. Pain to put on, never got it right...always had bubbles. Makes the whole phone look glossy. It is protective though. Just my .02.
    02-12-09 05:21 PM
    i personally have talked about my thought about the I.S. on at least separate occasions here on CB. search for it. i have left videos pics and multiple posts about the outcome as well as others.
    02-12-09 05:26 PM
    I am using one (actually using Best Skins Ever, same thing, but 1/3 the price), and it works great. It does take some time to put on, took me about an hour in total, but was being very careful. Not that bad once you get the hang of it.

I have had one on my last phone for over 2 years, and no scratches, and on my PSP for about the same, again no scratches. Well worth the money, just have to be willing to go through the install process.
    02-12-09 05:28 PM
    here is a bunch of threads regarding invisible shield and others:
    invisible shield search

use the advanced search function of the forum and use main key words to find anything you need info on before you start a new thread.
    02-12-09 05:29 PM
    I put the shield on my storm and love it. Its real easy to do but takes a little time. There are no bubbles on any parts of my phone and you do not have to use much spray at all when placing the pieces. You may see some "haze" when completed but it disappears over a day or two. Gives the storm a nice (glossy) look.
    02-12-09 05:30 PM
    It is worth it if you do it right. But of course I kind of screwed it up because i don't read directions that well when I get impulsive about something. Almost destroyed my device because of the liquid.

It is a bit of a pain to put on, and I still didn't get it on right (caught some dust and lint underneath). But I guess scratch wise it is good.

You can read my rant about it in the rants and raves section lol
    02-12-09 05:33 PM
    use the advanced search function of the forum and use main key words to find anything you need info on before you start a new thread.
    every thread i go into you feel obliged to post this. do all your 775 posts just say "use the search button"? ever think maybe you're wasting more of everyone's time than people not using the search button?
    02-12-09 06:54 PM
    I got the 3-pack from Verizon, put it on day one, and have had no issues since. Just do it. Cheap protection.
    02-12-09 06:55 PM
    That's what I have currently, just the verizon protectors. They work fine, I was just reading about other full body protectors that, from what I read, sounded really protective. Now I think I'll just buy a rubber skin in black or something.
    02-12-09 06:58 PM
    I wasnt really impressed with the invisibleshield product. I also received some horrible customer service from them. I like the idea, but I wont ever buy anything from them again.

I just got the screen protector. It looks "wavy" and it kind of irritating. I have zero bubbles in mine.
    02-12-09 07:09 PM
    Too difficult to put it on my Storm, but after, it works great!
    02-12-09 07:13 PM
    1 out of 10 ; 6

Wavy. Fit is good. Hard to fit into Cradle now. The plastic is like 5 mil thick or something. Still leaves like scuffs if scratched. I wouldn't recommend scratching it on purpose to test it out. Heh, not a good idea.

To summarize, I feel 25 bucks was a bit steep for the whole kit-n-kaboodle. This is something I would have paid 9 bucks for. Would I recommend it, depends.
    02-12-09 07:37 PM
    its awesome i got it for the screen at discount and i put it on perfectly centered. but the screen is scratch-proof so u really dont need it, i just got it practically free.
    02-12-09 07:51 PM
    It's all about patience, its a really good product, if you don't mind the glossy effect it has, but protects like all ****, and is worth it but time needs to be put in when putting it on and gotta give it a few days for the air bubbles to go away.
    02-12-09 08:40 PM
    I love mine. It really lets me relax while I have keys and my phone together in my pocket. It's not bulky, it actually adds grip to the phone. One drawback is as time areas that have less contact will start to lift and get dust. I think this drawback is well worth the benefit of not scratching your STORM permanently. You can always replace the shield, but not your Storm skin.
    02-12-09 08:50 PM
    I love it, takes some care putting on so take your time. Picked up a lot of dust and lint for the first couple weeks, but now its awesome. Must have in my opinion.
    02-12-09 08:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD