Seems like there are alot of service books for IM clients, facebook, flicker, etc. Does anyone notice it making the Storm run faster if you delete all those service books for services you are not using?
    12-20-08 03:46 PM
    bump . . . . .
    12-21-08 10:21 AM
    Seems like there are alot of service books for IM clients, facebook, flicker, etc. Does anyone notice it making the Storm run faster if you delete all those service books for services you are not using?
    if you mean delete the apps you don't use, you will gain application memory.
    not sure if that equates to speed...i read some people experience they did gain speed from app. deletions.

somebody correct me if i'm wrong
    12-21-08 10:24 AM
    Service books do not take up space and will come back everytime you service books are pushed. If you delete apps from options/advanced options/applications that will free up space. Take a look at this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-08 10:36 AM
    Service books do not take up space and will come back everytime you service books are pushed. If you delete apps from options/advanced options/applications that will free up space. Take a look at this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Just like Blue said, they will always come back, as they are pushed to the device by your carrier.
    12-21-08 10:38 AM
    12-21-08 10:39 AM
    Thank you all. I did notice that the service books came back after a battery pull, but I still wouldn't mind removing them again if it would speed things up. That link to "Increase BlackBerry's File free memory" was great - thank you Blueberry23!
    12-22-08 10:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD