I would wait for storm 2 n if not then storm one is just doing great for me...no complains whatsoever!
    07-31-09 09:27 AM
    Unless you like hours of work, wait for the new one or get the tour/bold
    its not hours of work but there is a learning curve and some people just cant deal with that.
    07-31-09 02:35 PM
    I have had my phone for a month and I like it. It took a couple of days to get use to it. The one thing that would make it better for me is if it was a bit thinner. I keep the phone in my pocket. I don't like using the waist holsters.
    07-31-09 03:01 PM
    My advice - get a Tour.
    07-31-09 03:41 PM
    My advice - get a Tour.
    only if you like the small screen and physical keyboard and trackball, oh wait thats why some of us got the storm in the first place. We didnt want those things.
    07-31-09 04:01 PM
    only if you like the small screen and physical keyboard and trackball, oh wait thats why some of us got the storm in the first place. We didnt want those things.
    I'm liking it so far.... i found it easy to type and text its got its little flaws but nothing to ***** about
    07-31-09 05:08 PM
    Definitely use this website. I've learned more about the Storm from reading posts than I ever could have on my own.
    07-31-09 05:32 PM
    Just play with it for the first couple of days and learn about the basics through crackberry first. It's got a lot of clever things, like touching a contact in one of your messages to get the complete history of that contact.
    It takes a few days to really get used to, but after that I found that I wouldn't take anything else.
    Next, make sure how you can update to a newer (leaked) OS and update to .151. The newest is .164, but .151 is more stable if you don't know the ins and outs.
    After that, find some apps that you would enjoy. There's plenty of (free) apps to be found that will keep you happy for quite a while.
    Most importantly: enjoy the experience and make up your own mind wether you like it or not. Don't get confused by al the different opinions about the storm. It's all about how much you like it yourself.
    07-31-09 05:32 PM
    I'm liking it so far.... i found it easy to type and text its got its little flaws but nothing to ***** about
    AWESOME!!!! Im glad you like it. Now hold on a sec I know I have some cookies around here somewhere. Some of us prefer touch screens.
    Last edited by paulwright1; 07-31-09 at 06:03 PM.
    07-31-09 05:37 PM
    Just play with it for the first couple of days and learn about the basics through crackberry first. It's got a lot of clever things, like touching a contact in one of your messages to get the complete history of that contact.
    It takes a few days to really get used to, but after that I found that I wouldn't take anything else.
    Next, make sure how you can update to a newer (leaked) OS and update to .151. The newest is .164, but .151 is more stable if you don't know the ins and outs.
    After that, find some apps that you would enjoy. There's plenty of (free) apps to be found that will keep you happy for quite a while.
    Most importantly: enjoy the experience and make up your own mind wether you like it or not. Don't get confused by al the different opinions about the storm. It's all about how much you like it yourself.
    4.7.0.148 Official from Verizon
    4.7.0.151 Official from Iusacell (Mexico)
    5.0.0.140 Leaked From someone

If your new to BB's stay with 4.7.0.148 until you learn the ins and outs of it.
    07-31-09 05:41 PM
    Good to hear. Glad you ignored those recommending other devices and decided to form your own opinion. Keep in mind, the vast majority of those recommending other devices are those who either a) have no personal experience with the Storm or b) had one and didn't possess the aptitude for it. Touch screens simply aren't for everyone.

Definitely allow yourself some time to get use to it. If you don't like it after 30 days take it back and opt for something else.
    07-31-09 05:50 PM
    I recommend installing 3 must-have apps for 4.7 OS versions: QuickPull, QuickLaunch and Stoptilt. QuickPull and Quicklaunch without Stoptilt also suffices since Quicklaunch has a feature that disables the Accelerometer, but does not save the preference during a reboot.
    Last edited by wentouch; 07-31-09 at 06:00 PM.
    07-31-09 05:58 PM
    I recommend installing 3 must-have apps for 4.7 OS versions: QuickPull, QuickLaunch and Stoptilt.
    QuickPull isn't needed for reboots to address memory leak issues if running 4.7.0151, as the issue has practically been eliminated. I'd definitely recommend (as would most everyone) getting QuickLaunch, however, the latest version of QL has it's own tilt-lock function, thus Stoptilt or any of the other 3rd party apps designed to accomplish the same aren't needed.
    07-31-09 06:06 PM
    Some fear the storm, some are just smooth operators, while others just complain, and yet there is someone in need, while someone got shot in greed. Do what makes you happy, not homer, Bertha or slackly? Wait for the Odin if you wish, jump into a tour or go with the i phone, but for the love of something, do what makes you happy! For the record, I am Berry pleased with the storm, but I am a smooth operator... The best advice, go and test the phones for yourself, then get what works for you, sounds like you chose the storm. Wise, very wise, that is blackberry's baby. Guess where BB has put the big bucks?
    07-31-09 06:10 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD