I was getting this error on my storm. It was affecting my call log big time and my sms log. There were several entries blank. So I found this info about this issue at blackberry.com. I typed "uncaught expection" in the search field and came up w this. It has to do with your call log and message log. Its seems to be causing the "uncaught exception error". Not really for sure what causes the list to become corrupted. On the Desktop Manager go to Back-up and Restore, click on advanced, select phone log and press clear. Do the same for messages. Also be sure up my Storm after your done. Hope this helps you out.
    Last edited by ldlytee; 03-31-09 at 02:15 AM.
    03-01-09 01:45 AM
    this isnt ALWAYS the answer, but it seems to be fairly common. any database can corrupt and that will lead to these types of issues. If you have an older back up though, you can just restore the address book from that back up and you should be ok as well without losing all your contacts.
    03-01-09 01:49 AM
    i have received this error as well. i know for me, this isn't the solution because i have no contacts entered in yet.
    I was having an issue a while back and loaded a new OS without restoring my backup.
    This fixed my initial problem but I have seen the exception error a few times in the 109 load, not recently though.
    Just an FYI...
    03-01-09 03:50 AM
    i get it but never imported my contacts to my storm from another bb....
    03-01-09 03:53 AM
    this isnt ALWAYS the answer, but it seems to be fairly common. any database can corrupt and that will lead to these types of issues. If you have an older back up though, you can just restore the address book from that back up and you should be ok as well without losing all your contacts.

This isnt the case sorry. Why would you want to restore the address book from an older back-up??? Doesnt make any since because any prior back-ups would contain the corrupted database
    03-01-09 10:46 AM
    i get it but never imported my contacts to my storm from another bb....

it doesnt have to been imported from a bb, it can be from any device
    03-01-09 10:47 AM
    Mine was doing it to me SMS folder. Cleared it and all is good.
    03-01-09 12:06 PM
    i started get it when i installed and started using google sync to backup my contacts so thats prolly it
    03-01-09 01:20 PM
    This isnt the case sorry. Why would you want to restore the address book from an older back-up??? Doesnt make any since because any prior back-ups would contain the corrupted database
    that is why you go back through your backups and keep going older till you find an address book that ISN'T corrupt. Once you try to restore it, it should tell you if there was a database error. I dont know about you but I think that's easier than restoring 160 contacts (at least in my case) and that was what was recommended on the last thread I commented on with this issue. Selective restore is your best friend in this case.
    03-01-09 01:42 PM
    that is why you go back through your backups and keep going older till you find an address book that ISN'T corrupt. Once you try to restore it, it should tell you if there was a database error. I dont know about you but I think that's easier than restoring 160 contacts (at least in my case) and that was what was recommended on the last thread I commented on with this issue. Selective restore is your best friend in this case.

whatever like i said before any prior back-ups will have the corrupted database. I should know because i restored my bb w an old back-up and I was this having the same problem. so if this hasnt happened to you then dont worry about it. Im just providing info on how i got rid of the problem.
    03-01-09 02:09 PM
    On the other thread everyone was able to recover it from going back into older back ups to a point before the database was recovered was my point. But that is up to how long ago you noticed the problem and if you have backups back to that date.
    03-01-09 02:12 PM
    On the other thread everyone was able to recover it from going back into older back ups to a point before the database was recovered was my point. But that is up to how long ago you noticed the problem and if you have backups back to that date.

whatever u have nothing better to do
    03-01-09 04:27 PM
    I recently downloaded a program called " Soft Reset" from Crackebrry and when I try to execute the program I keep on receiving the following error "Uncaught exception:java.lang.IllegalArgumentException" totally preventing me from using the program. It's really funny how 2 friends of mine downloaded the same program on their Storm and had no problems. Does anyone have a solution for this issue? Please help.
    03-02-09 11:07 PM
    whatever u have nothing better to do
    alot better things to do than manually restore 160 contacts...
    03-03-09 12:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD