My Storm info

BB 9530
    PRD-19502-002
    05/12/08
    Model RBW71CW
    Handheld made in Canada 1

Got my Storm for XMas (Thanks Santa) & I am quite happy. I haven't seen anyone else list a device as old as mine (May 08). Judging by the paranoid Storm users on this site, mine should be one big P.O.S.!

Your paranoia is rubbing off as I am trying to find anything wrong with my Storm so I can fully utilize my 30 days. The only issues I see so far is the screen movement, which I understand is normal & camera lag, which I understand will be fixed with an O/S update.

I guess my question is; are there real problems with the Storm or is it BB noob paranoia? Thanks for listening.

Edit: I also experience the light bleeding. That is a little annoying.
    Last edited by Lodingi; 12-28-08 at 08:52 AM.
    12-28-08 08:26 AM
    actually your build date is 12/5 - remember Canadians do day/month/year

and yes, there are hardware issues with some storms - check out the many many polls and threads about click screen issues, dust issues, etc.
    12-28-08 08:37 AM
    How do I find when my Storm was built?
    12-28-08 08:41 AM
    How do I find when my Storm was built?
    on the upc label on the box. right above the Made In line. The build date is in DD/MM/YYYY format.
    12-28-08 08:45 AM
    actually your build date is 12/5 - remember Canadians do day/month/year

and yes, there are hardware issues with some storms - check out the many many polls and threads about click screen issues, dust issues, etc.
    OMG! I forgot about that. I was like WTF, made in May?? Lol!
    12-28-08 08:47 AM
    My Storm info

BB 9530
    PRD-19502-002
    05/12/08
    Model RBW71CW
    Handheld made in Canada 1

Got my Storm for XMas (Thanks Santa) & I am quite happy. I haven't seen anyone else list a device as old as mine (May 08). Judging by the paranoid Storm users on this site, mine should be one big P.O.S.!

Your paranoia is rubbing off as I am trying to find anything wrong with my Storm so I can fully utilize my 30 days. The only issues I see so far is the screen movement, which I understand is normal & camera lag, which I understand will be fixed with an O/S update.

I guess my question is; are there real problems with the Storm or is it BB noob paranoia? Thanks for listening.

Edit: I also experience the light bleeding. That is a little annoying.
    i;ve had mine for 2 weeks, my build date is 12/9, made in mexico, and is working great.
    12-28-08 10:26 AM
    Wow, my build date was 12/16/08, they shipped it the 19th, and I had it the 22nd
    12-29-08 08:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD