Thats what we should be Calling ourselves Storm Troopers, One cause its a cool nickname, and two Cause we have to be troopers to put up with some of the Quirks of the Storm. Anyway, Im sure most of you have seen this But im posting anyway! Take care "Storm troopers"

BlackBerry Storm to Get Firmware Update - PC World
    04-14-09 10:49 AM
    Thats what we should be Calling ourselves Storm Troopers, One cause its a cool nickname, and two Cause we have to be troopers to put up with some of the Quirks of the Storm. Anyway, Im sure most of you have seen this But im posting anyway! Take care "Storm troopers"

BlackBerry Storm to Get Firmware Update - PC World
    hehe... that is a cool name for us.. fits well.

now, darth - that can be verizon.
    04-14-09 11:22 AM
    however, after reading the article... do they really know what they are saying that our storm wont see another OS after ".113"?

i thought RIM keeps tweaking until they reach golden code - or at least near.

im pretty new to RIM and BB's, can some1 explain more about this?
    04-14-09 11:27 AM
    Damn, if these bloggers don't stop posting the same tired fake news from yesterday, we might all get screwed by them forcing VZW to release .113. Eeek!

This Romanian PC World writer needs to do more research... a day late and a dollar short.
    04-14-09 11:30 AM
    "This might well be the last firmware update RIM will offer for the Storm, as the company is already working on the Storm 2."

my favorite line^^^

sighs....i love my storm
    04-14-09 11:31 AM
    How can he post this without even citing a source? I mean, at least say you read this in the Information Week article. He clearly has no information to offer.
    04-14-09 11:39 AM
    do like the name storm trooper name not much of a starwars fan but i figure storm troopers or storm chasers is a kool name. either could be good domain name if any storm only forums pop up or storm website.
    04-14-09 11:43 AM
    How can he post this without even citing a source? I mean, at least say you read this in the Information Week article. He clearly has no information to offer.
    He's got a source. He heard it from his cousin's best friend who is dating the secretary to the CEO of RIM.
    04-14-09 11:59 AM
    Haha that's catchy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-09 12:05 PM
    hehe... that is a cool name for us.. fits well.

now, darth - that can be verizon.
    Or Hitler lol.

Sturmabteilung - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    04-14-09 12:11 PM
    I believe "Storm Trooper" was first used by Hitler as a name for one branch of the Nazi Army...

I can live without that moniker.
    04-14-09 12:11 PM
    He's got a source. He heard it from his cousin's best friend who is dating the secretary to the CEO of RIM.
    hehehe :-) good laugh.
    04-14-09 12:12 PM
    The last update from verizon im still on .75.....
    04-14-09 12:14 PM
    I believe "Storm Trooper" was first used by Hitler as a name for one branch of the Nazi Army...

I can live without that moniker.

oh, thanks for bringing that to my attention. i was not aware of that. learning something new everyday!

i take back what i said earlier.
    04-14-09 12:22 PM
    Computerworld has the same article. BlackBerry Storm to get firmware update

Glad all these news sites follow up with due diligence and confirm their facts instead of just copy/paste each others articles...

Edit: NM, just notice the author is the same on both sites...
    04-14-09 12:33 PM
    This Romanian PC World writer needs to do more research... a day late and a dollar short.
    It's PC World... They'll just steal as much as they can from the "blogosphere" to keep on this side of plagiarism, and then basically cobble together the collective works of 2-3 different bloggers and claim it as an original piece. Sometimes they work in a press release just to shake things up.

People who read rags like PC World deserve exactly what they get.
    04-14-09 12:34 PM
    As always..... I'll believe it when I see it

04-14-09 12:35 PM
    fck these clowns and their lust for misinformation. Do they ever report on something that is correct?
    04-14-09 01:32 PM
    Please make it stop!

04-14-09 01:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD