As I chew my fingernails down to nubs waiting for this device (and I'm torn too, because the new Moto Napoleon is supposed to be pretty sweet too), this thought occurred to me: anyone heard, or know if the new Storm will have a headset jack?

I know that seems silly in the world of Bluetooth, but to be honest, I'm pretty disappointed with voice quality over BT, sometimes the inconvenience is worth the better voice quality.

Anyone? Bueller? ...
    09-20-08 07:09 PM
    As I chew my fingernails down to nubs waiting for this device (and I'm torn too, because the new Moto Napoleon is supposed to be pretty sweet too), this thought occurred to me: anyone heard, or know if the new Storm will have a headset jack?

I know that seems silly in the world of Bluetooth, but to be honest, I'm pretty disappointed with voice quality over BT, sometimes the inconvenience is worth the better voice quality.

Anyone? Bueller? ...
    Yes, this picture may be old and things might have changed, but as far as I'm aware every Blackberry includes a headphone jack
    09-20-08 07:43 PM
    Well, there it is then. Should've looked it up...

This brings up some questions about release dates. The Storm is looking like November, any marketing geniuses out there that would wager that would be the last "big" roll-out of the year?

That will be quite a feat, considering some of the devices up the line that are supposedly coming out soon: HTC Diamond, Pro, Moto Napoleon Q, Samsung Omina, Moto Krave...

How long will the Storm have its "thunder" after release?
    09-20-08 08:59 PM
    On the verizon box renders that were leaked, a 3.5mm headphone jack was listed on the side of the box. That's a normal jack. Hopefully its true, and I would think it would have it if its gonna have any chance at being a multimedia device.
    09-20-08 11:45 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry.com

That isn't a silly question, but Blackberries usually have them.

I think it was the Blackjack II that I had that needed an adapter for that. I can't remember, but I believe that's what it was.
    09-20-08 11:52 PM
    i saw an official picture with a 3.5 mm jack on the side of the phone. so yes, it will have a 3.5 mm jack.
    09-21-08 02:06 AM
    I believe ever since the 8100 and 8800 which had 2.5 all BBs have had 3.5s.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-08 02:15 AM
    i saw an official picture with a 3.5 mm jack on the side of the phone. so yes, it will have a 3.5 mm jack.
    I can also confirm that the jack will be 3.5 mm. Also, the rear speaker will be in the middle towards the bottom, near where the battery door release is located on a curve.
    09-21-08 04:11 AM
    It's hard to imagine a "multi-media" device NOT having headset jack. Anyways, 3.5 is standard.
    09-21-08 07:27 AM
    I can also confirm that the jack will be 3.5 mm. Also, the rear speaker will be in the middle towards the bottom, near where the battery door release is located on a curve.
    Kinda surprised it doesn't have stereo speakers. You would think because its a multimedia phone it would have it.
    09-21-08 09:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD