I'm eligible for annual upgrade next month and was wondering if anyone on here has done one first hand? And if so, does it just start another two years? Or does it actually add another 2? i.e. i do a one year upgrade(so i still had 1 year left on my original contract) do i now have 3 years?.............

ANYONE who knows FOR SURE i would appreciate it
    09-23-09 10:59 AM
    Every time I have done the upgrade with VZW it has restarted the 2 year agreement. So if you upgrade one year in then you will just start a new two year agreement. I love VZW so it doesnt bother me.
    09-23-09 11:19 AM
    My understanding from asking Verizon Reps when I was considering using the annual upgrade is that your 2 year term starts over with the upgrade. Thus, you lose the NE2 rebate for the time period that you have already put in, and you start over with 2 years from the time that you exercise the upgrade. I had the $100 NE2 still available to me when I upgraded in July for the Tour, but I was seriously considering back in December and January, using the annual upgrade to get the storm. At the time, I had VIP status, so I could a $50 discount, but had I exercised that option, I would have lost out on the $100 NE2 rebate and my 2 years would have started over.

I wonder if Verizon made the annual upgrade option available to get subscribers to upgrade without a NE2 rebate. Now that the NE2 rebate has been sharply reduced, I'd say the annual upgrade is probably worth it, rather than having to wait 18-20 months to be eligible.
    09-23-09 11:21 AM
    Not familiar with annual upgrade, can someone explain?

Do you get this even if you signed a two year agreement?
    What is the benefit of the annual upgrade?
    Is it an X amount discount?

Thank you.

Edit: found my answer on the verizon site.
    U need to be on a plan that is at least 49.99 and up and you will need to sign up for 2 more years. You can get a phone at the current promotional discount online through My Verizon and an upgrade fee may be applied.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Gil718; 09-23-09 at 12:23 PM.
    09-23-09 12:11 PM
    It is traditionally a VIP program perk. If you have a higher revenue plan they give you $50 off a new Smartphone each year. I just did it to get the storm and now I will get to upgrade in year again. Its ni big deal unless you plan to leave vzw. If you want to leave then don't use the annual upgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-09 02:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD