Don't get me wrong the blackberry os is fine and works well...a little slow at times but usable...I just would like to see android on the storm for a what the **** situation...why not its open source and it seems like it would be perfectly fine and usable what do you guys think

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-09 11:31 AM
    Why are there so many repeat threads on this notion?

03-12-09 11:35 AM
    Well I searched around and couldent seem to find any...I was afraid of doing that. I apologize I must not have searched well enough

03-12-09 11:39 AM
    Not sure why you would want Android on a BB? I've seen threads where someone has tried porting Linux to the iPhone. Sure it's a technical challenge. But, if I wanted Android, I'd get a Google Phone.
    03-12-09 11:48 AM
    Well. If you want to see something like that LENOVO as one on Beta. Is out in china or japan one of those places .
    I love RIM's OS but, Android it will be Big in a few years.

03-12-09 11:50 AM
    OPHONE. That's the name of the phone by Lenovo is still on beta just for china.
    If that phone ever hit the US market. Wow we will have a Iphone killer

03-12-09 11:56 AM
    But, if I wanted Android, I'd get a Google Phone.
    1. The network its on is horrible
    2. The device is ugly

If Verizon released a phone with andriod on it how many of you would be tempted? I know I would if it looked nice.

03-12-09 11:59 AM
    Get your facts right its the g1 and the point is to try. The android platform is much more open then the bb os. There are things I love about android and there are things I love about my bb why can't we combine them

03-12-09 12:02 PM
    A few of my friends have G1s and I do get a little jealous of some of the things the os can do that my BB can't. It would be nice to combine them.

03-12-09 12:10 PM
    Exactly my point...we have push email and sexy design they have open source and sweet notifcations

03-12-09 12:14 PM
    can someone give me a comparison of android vs. blackberry functionality from an OS standpoint? i've never used one, never will. hate their carrier with a passion.
    03-12-09 01:08 PM
    I as well the tmobile and I do not know everything about either os's my suggestion would be to youtube them

03-12-09 01:11 PM
    i was looking for more of a blackberry user's perspective on the andriod OS. and all of the video reviews i found are by n00b news reporters and kids anyway. any blackberry users used the G1 before with any insight they'd like to offer?
    03-12-09 01:13 PM
    Like I said in a previous post the one thing I noticed about android is the notifications

03-12-09 01:31 PM
    I bought the G1 for my girlfriend and I end up using her phone when I'm with her than mine. Much more stable OS, cleaner layout, smooth slick interface. Great Marketplace. Ease of use is incredible. Sounds and Notifications couldn't be better. All applications are integrated with each other, its amazing. All contacts, appointments, calendar, settings, sync with Google. I couldn't ask for something better. I just wish I could get it on my blackberry because HTC did an absolutely horrendous job on this phone design. From the curved architecture, to the camera, keyboard and battery. Everything about reminds me of a cheap piece of ****.
    03-12-09 01:39 PM
    I bought the G1 for my girlfriend and I end up using her phone when I'm with her than mine. Much more stable OS, cleaner layout, smooth slick interface. Great Marketplace. Ease of use is incredible. Sounds and Notifications couldn't be better. All applications are integrated with each other, its amazing. All contacts, appointments, calendar, settings, sync with Google. I couldn't ask for something better. I just wish I could get it on my blackberry because HTC did an absolutely horrendous job on this phone design. From the curved architecture, to the camera, keyboard and battery. Everything about reminds me of a cheap piece of ****.
    Could have said it better myself.
    03-12-09 11:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD