Is it possible to get Movies purchased through Amazon video downloaded working on the storm? If so can anyone point me in the right direction. I was told that they would work versus Itunes videos which don't.
    12-04-08 07:33 PM
    Is it possible to get Movies purchased through Amazon video downloaded working on the storm? If so can anyone point me in the right direction. I was told that they would work versus Itunes videos which don't.
    Do they have DRM? If not, probably you can convert them using a video conversion software, there is a post about converting videos for the storm buried somewhere. Just do a search and you will find it. If yes, probably no (at least legally).
    12-04-08 07:44 PM
    they should not be DRM I think thats the big deal with Amazon stuff, how can I tell? and I tried using this:

Super (c)

but i still get the warning that says this will store on the device memory but may not play
    12-04-08 08:01 PM
    bump looking for help to get video working before my trip tomorrow
    12-04-08 08:13 PM
    Still looking for help. the Amazon videos have a "portable media file" but i can't get the file to play on the device. It says it works with zunes, Archos, Zens, even Nokia N96 phones, but I cant get it to work on on the Storm. It even says it works on most "plays for sure devices." I expect I would need to convert the video but I am not really sure what type of converter to look for. I am pretty positive that the movie files are not DRM. So i am confused as to why the thing wont work.
    12-05-08 12:36 PM
    Still looking for help. the Amazon videos have a "portable media file" but i can't get the file to play on the device. It says it works with zunes, Archos, Zens, even Nokia N96 phones, but I cant get it to work on on the Storm. It even says it works on most "plays for sure devices." I expect I would need to convert the video but I am not really sure what type of converter to look for. I am pretty positive that the movie files are not DRM. So i am confused as to why the thing wont work.
    I have no personal experience with Amazon's formats but you can do pretty much any conversions necessary with Handbrake.

HandBrake

I know that H.264 format works just fine on the storm so convert it to that.
    12-05-08 12:41 PM
    Thanks Ill try it out
    12-05-08 02:13 PM
    Nope no luck handbrake wont work its says its protected or something. Dang anything else i can do? I would even pay for something at this point as long as it doesn't break the bank
    12-05-08 03:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD