nope, you are not alone
    12-10-08 10:08 AM
    L[QUOTE=Paden501;1146952]I've been seeing a whole lot of negative stuff on this forum and in reviews lately about the Storm and all of the problems that everyone's having... I'm just wondering if I got the only 'good' Storm that RIM made or if I'm just not seeing the huge pink elephant in my hand.

As far as I'm concerned, the only things that are really bugging me about the storm right now are the lack of a touchpad lock when on the phone (I hit speaker every now and then, but this fix is coming) and the flip speed is a little (and i mean just a little) slow... but other than those two livable things this thing is solid.

I can bang out texts faster than I could on my old MotoQ with less type-o's, check email, AIM, text, pix etc really easilly....

I love the storm. I think its the best phone to come out yet. I can't even go back to the 8830. I love touch screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-08 10:09 AM
    I love mine. I'm able to do everything as fast as I could on my Pearl. It was sucking battery life, so I took the dimmer and backlight down to the lowest setting and that seemed to help. I can't wait for some more themes and apps to roll out.
    12-10-08 10:38 AM
    Well said! I agree totally. I am primarily a business user but do like the multimedia availability from time to time.... Bold would be the way to go for now...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/top-reasons-i-returned-my-storm-112669/

With any brand new phone, you have to expect it to have many issues. The smart people are those that wait to buy a phone after several monthes of working out the bugs.

That being said, I'm not that smart. I needed this thing as soon as I could get it. When I bought it, I new I would have to live with the little issues. Despite all of the problems, I love it. Many traditionally Blackberry Users who are using the phone strictly for buisness might not like it as much, but this product is not geared to them. If any of them need a new phone, tell them to go get a Bold.
    12-10-08 10:43 AM
    I love mine, I had to return one due to it crashing. The new one with the update is just awesome. I don't have any problems that affect my day to day use, and from now on I know it can only get better.

Themes, apps, and updates will make this thing a beast. Thanks rim!
    12-10-08 10:43 AM
    I like to throw this saying around for occasions like this...

"An opinion on the Internet is like an A hole, everyone's got one and the usually stink."

That said, I can tell you from the perspective of a person that has worked in the consumer electronics field for 15 years the average US consumer is a stupid whiner. I read once that the average IQ of the US is 89, which is 19 points higher than functionally ********. Can't remember where I read it so I can't quote it here.

The US whines that they don't get things early and they whine when they get things early and they don't work. Other technologically advanced countries are very accepting of technologies limitations. I've lived in Japan, China, and Korea for a time and all of those societies will use the benefits of technology and accept it's limitations. They also don't whine to the collective mind (The Internet).

The bottom line is if you don't like it return it. If you have criticisms bring them up but not with out a potential solution. The reason why the is not the first to get cool new technology is because the US consumer is dumb. Collectively we need to elevate the expectations of our fellow US technology users.
    12-10-08 11:16 AM
    I like to throw this saying around for occasions like this...

"An opinion on the Internet is like an A hole, everyone's got one and the usually stink."

That said, I can tell you from the perspective of a person that has worked in the consumer electronics field for 15 years the average US consumer is a stupid whiner. I read once that the average IQ of the US is 89, which is 19 points higher than functionally ********. Can't remember where I read it so I can't quote it here.

The US whines that they don't get things early and they whine when they get things early and they don't work. Other technologically advanced countries are very accepting of technologies limitations. I've lived in Japan, China, and Korea for a time and all of those societies will use the benefits of technology and accept it's limitations. They also don't whine to the collective mind (The Internet).

The bottom line is if you don't like it return it. If you have criticisms bring them up but not with out a potential solution. The reason why the is not the first to get cool new technology is because the US consumer is dumb. Collectively we need to elevate the expectations of our fellow US technology users.
    +1 to that.
    People need to realize it is just a device. And an early released one at that. People don't want to hear your rants about all kinds of crap you hate about it. I bet you would hate it more if you didn't have it at all, so stop being so pickey.

Thanks for the breakdown of one of America's major problems lol.
    12-10-08 11:49 AM
    Another happy storm user from day 1. No Problems for me.
    12-10-08 11:56 AM
    I am totally loving mine...updated to .75 last night and saw immediate improvements...I am heading to vzw today however to have them look at the corners issue...

12-10-08 12:02 PM
    I've had mine since launch day and yes, it was slow and lagging at first but after the OS update to .75, it's a lot zippier now.

I knew from the get go that with any technological device, the first productions are not going to be perfect so I didn't expect perfection to come out of the box. I waited patiently for .75 to come out and know that future updates are going to make the Storm even better.

It blows me away at how some people expected the Storm to come out of production like it was some Godly product. It is after all, still new technology and as previous posters stated, any new technology will be buggy for a while...

Long story short, I <3 my Storm!
    12-10-08 12:14 PM
    i absolutely love my storm i have no idea if i have the new software that everyone's talking about, and i can't find the MS application but i love the storm!
    12-10-08 12:19 PM
    Kyo 7135--> Treo 650 --> Moto q9m ---> Storm

This is the best smartphone I have ever had. It also has the highest learning curve (which has been fun - with power comes complexity), which has probably put off some people. I have had it since 11/25. I plan to keep it. Running 0.75, it is the closest to a perfect device for me that I have found and I would keep it even if no further updates were planned.

Also, this is my first Blackberry. I am very impressed at the amount of thought that they have put into these devices. Excellent build quality and attention to detail(!!) that I have not seen in any other brand of device. I thought the MotoQ9 was a good device, and I still do, but I am completely completely sold on Blackberries in general.
    12-10-08 12:23 PM
    Nope, I wouldn't trade mine for anything
    12-10-08 12:27 PM
    Would you put up with these problems on a computer or a car? I think not. For a $200 device we should get better right from the start.
    12-10-08 12:36 PM
    the storm is awsome, first bb and im hooked
    12-10-08 12:40 PM
    You are not alone, sir. I have just received my Storm and I love it. After seeing all of the negative comments, I was worried. But, I have it and I love it.

So ends my first post on a website I have feverishly read for the past month. Might I add that I posted it from my storm?

12-10-08 12:41 PM
    Would you put up with these problems on a computer or a car? I think not. For a $200 device we should get better right from the start.
    Listen to what you just said. A 200 Dollar device... so think about it what do you pay for a car? or a computer? Do people demand that either be released. Does each one have a network that it runs on that constantly needs to be changed and updated.

I think not, so that is why we don't put up with the problems with cars and computers. All phones have problems that just how it is.
    12-10-08 12:47 PM
    I love my phone
    12-10-08 12:54 PM
    Without reading all the comments (just to lazy to right now)

I am very happy with my storm, infact I am very happy I got my storm. No real issues and the ones that are real issues will be fixed.

Now when I say issues I am talking about
    locking the screen when someone is talking on it, this does not affect me cause the screen does not touch my face any.

Better switching from landscape to portrait and back again (this could be improved)

Better scrolling through a long scroll list

faster camera all over, but if I can only pick one area I want it to ake a pic a lot faster

VZ Nav quit popping up after I use it like I never closed it for the first 10 minutes after I close it.

All of these can be fixed, but my Storm hardware wise is perfect. It is functional and is a treat to use.
    12-10-08 12:56 PM
    I like my storm. I've had every model bberry except bold and pearl flip. Storm has some issues, true story. It's much slower than a physical keyboard, but I still like it.

Honestly, I wanted a berry that would slow me down a little. I found myself constantly on my berry all the time. With the storm, I'm not using it as much for whatever reason, but when I do go to use it, I still have functionality that is great.

my $.02

Only issues that really bother me are:
    1. camera is too slow to even bother using
    2. needing to lock screen when on a call so I don't mute/speaker all the time
    12-10-08 01:05 PM
    I like it, not perfect but I knew when I got it that this phone is brand new and would have some software bugs.

RIM is working on the issues but the existing issues with the latest software I have (4.7.0.76) are livable...much better than the lag on .65.
    12-10-08 01:07 PM
    and yes I'm very HAPPY with the storm.

I'm on BES and am a heavy email user. My wife who also purcahsed the phone is a BIS user. Coming from the Pearl, we were very used to SureType. Having both SureType and landscape qwerty keyboards worked out well for us. Since we've upgraded to .75 things have been running smooth.

I have dozens of movies loaded. Been using Slysoft's AnyDvd to RIP and Handbrake to convert the videos. I fly a lot and the Storm has come in handy killing time on the plane with the movies. I've gotten a lot of compliments as other blackberry, iphone, G1, users see me on the plane watching movies. Currently ripping Dark Knight.

I have weather bug(latest version does not conflict with GPS), google maps (gotta love street view), WSJ loaded up as well. My company uses skype as a form of chat. I loaded iSkoot (using the BB Bold version) on my storm to connect with Skype. Now I can be on the go with the Storm and "pretend" to be sitting in my homeoffice, chatting with office mates. As a business user, cut & paste, and editing of MS docs is invaluable. Mix that with BES security, and Mobile entertainment (my movies and tunes), and this device is the prefect device for an exec to play hookie with....now if we only can fast forward to March and get that Blackberry App store up and running, the Storm would really take off with cool apps.

I participate heavily on all sorts of forums. And like here, I see many more negative posts then positive. If you're happy like me, then you won't see me posting much, unless I have a question that can't be answered via search or if I have something to contribute to the forum. So judging a device's success simply by scanning the forums is innaccurate. Only the negative squeeky wheels get all the attention on these types of forums.

- Happy Storming!
    -- Paul
    12-10-08 01:24 PM
    I love my storm! So much you can do on it. I can tell it turns heads when I use it in public. Oh you got the storm, **** yeah I do.

12-10-08 01:30 PM
    I'm another longtime BB user and I'm totally thrilled with my Storm!!!
    12-10-08 01:34 PM
    I was happy until it died this morning?? Guess, I'll take it in and get a new one, so I'll be happy again! Still can't view my security camera's from the BB though, that's a draw back!!

Chip
    12-10-08 01:38 PM
107 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD