all the negativity on this site made my expectations for the storm low. however after actually recieving it everything was the exact opposite.

On the first storm I recieved Ive had

no screen click issues
    no loose button issues
    no color issues
    no battery issues
    no lag issues

nothing.

maybe I got extremely lucky Im not sure. I have had no issues of any kind.
    12-18-08 06:30 PM
    all the negativity on this site made my expectations for the storm low. however after actually recieving it everything was the exact opposite.

On the first storm I recieved Ive had

no screen click issues
    no loose button issues
    no color issues
    no battery issues
    no lag issues

nothing.

Did yours come with OS .75? Would explain the good results on lag time.

Mine has had no issues other than the sluggish OS but that improved after upgrade to .75.

Overall I'm happy with the Storm. Impressed with its potential, and wanting it to get a Stable OS as soon as possible.
    12-18-08 06:33 PM
    yes i got it at the beginning of the week. it shipped with 75. i didnt have to upgrade or anything when i got it
    12-18-08 06:35 PM
    You're not alone, there are plenty of us! Sure its not a perfect phone but as much as I LOVED my curve there's no going back from the storm!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-08 06:35 PM
    I'm very happy with mine also. So far so good!!
    12-18-08 06:36 PM
    I love my storm. There are a few bugs that drive me nuts, like the sluggish OS, but I still LOVE the phone. You would have to pry it out of my cold dead hands.
    12-18-08 06:41 PM
    i've had my storm since the 1st day and it rocks!
    12-18-08 06:41 PM
    I am also very happy with the Storm, It's my first Berry and I agree with the
    .75 ugrade it has been much better. Looking forward to many more apps.
    12-18-08 06:42 PM
    I'm very happy with mne too,don't have any problems with mine that I have read others are having with theirs,and I got hang of typing on it also,the click feature is great,it has its cons,but all in all has great potential,can't wait for the sequel.
    Last edited by castlerock611; 12-18-08 at 06:46 PM.
    12-18-08 06:42 PM
    shhh...you're making everybody jealous!
    12-18-08 06:43 PM
    I'm on my 2nd storm but I am very happy with the phone overall. I will not be getting rid of it.
    12-18-08 06:45 PM
    I think "lag" is relative to the person making the judgement. Driving 65MPH to me is SLOW. For my grandmother, that's EXTREMELY fast.

Take a look at the recent engadget report on the Storm. They put up a video with the storm side by side with the Bold. yes, it takes me about 2 seconds to load up the calendar after i select, but i didn't really consider that a lag either. after seeing the bold pop up the calendar in a millisecond, then yea, i can consider the storm to be laggy.
    12-18-08 06:51 PM
    Mine is smokin' came with .65 and I immediately went to .76 the leaked one no problems at all
    12-18-08 06:59 PM
    Mine shipped today. My first smartphone.
    12-18-08 07:03 PM
    Anyone ever wonder if apple employees post neg comments here? Don't think for a second it doesn't happen.

12-18-08 07:05 PM
    Got one of the first ones prior to the OS upgrade. No problems at all. Running Garmin mobile and love it! Load up about 2Gb of Itunes and it's 3 devices in 1. Future upgrades will only make it better.
    12-18-08 07:07 PM
    Ditto that Acorn. I'm loving mine.
    12-18-08 07:09 PM
    Have two and both work great!
    12-18-08 07:09 PM
    Have had no real problems at all. Just the learning curve from the 8130 but the Storm is very cool. Nothing else is even an option. Really liking the touchscreen typing, have learned to shoot files to phone with bluetooth from my Mac, have many apps, all good.
    12-18-08 07:15 PM
    The Storm is my first Blackberry. So far I love it. Of course I am still learning what all it can do and can't wait for more apps as well.
    I had issues learning to type on it but that is coming along.
    12-18-08 07:21 PM
    I'm very happy with my storm. No problems whatsoever.

12-18-08 07:29 PM
    I'm loving my storm. I think most of the complaints are user issues.

12-18-08 07:33 PM
    Same here! Overall my phone works great. I become OCD when I read the forums - which makes me look for problems with the STORM. However, since I'm OCD I will continue to read the forums....go figure..........As may people in the forums have been saying - its the first generation of the STORM. Give it some time. I have the ipod touch and FWIW it has its fair share of issues. HAPPY HOLIDAYS - ENJOY YOUR STORM!!!!!
    12-18-08 07:34 PM
    Got my 4th replacement today and it is perfect!!! BTW the previous 3 were all made in Canada and this one is from Mexico. This is my first Blackberry and I am in awe at the capabilities of this phone. I almost hate to call it a phone seems like a slap in the face to a blackberry. I have previously had Palm based phones and am amazed at what the BB can do. I stuck it out through all the issues with replacements because I truly wanted a device that could be a complete communication/entertainment device and this is filling the bill nicely.
    12-18-08 07:44 PM
    I am tickled to death with my Storm. Have been since the day I got it, on December 8th.

Love it!
    12-18-08 07:45 PM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD