I got my storm on Sunday and so far I love it. The only thing that is bothering me is the screen click. At first the bottom quarter of the screen didn't click, so I brought it in and they adjusted the torque screws. It worked better but there was a spot that still didn't really click great so I took it back a second time, and they adjusted it again. Now my mother�s storm (I payed the 100 for my phone and pay for the data plan) clicks awesome. Even with the adjustments and a small piece of paper mine doesn't click half as nice. The techs at the verizon store seem to think that my phone clicks great, but I feel I shouldn't need to add paper to make it click to satisfaction. I was able to convince a central customer service rep to give me a new phone, but he was unable to reach the store. He said just go in and they would give me a new one, but they didn't. Should I pursue this or give up?
    03-25-09 12:36 PM
    loosen your torx screws yourself a little more. i loosened mine a full 2 revolutions and now it is perfect and i didnt comprimise any of the stability of the phone
    03-25-09 12:41 PM
    Wow, the Torx screw fix is the official "fix" used in store now???? Wonder if VZW got the idea from Crackberry? *LOL*
    03-25-09 12:43 PM
    loosen your torx screws yourself a little more. i loosened mine a full 2 revolutions and now it is perfect and i didnt comprimise any of the stability of the phone

Hi! .. can you please tell me exactly where i can find the 'torx screws'?

from a newbie to bb storm
    well im one for getting what i payed for, if you feel dissapointed in your purchase and they said they would replace it then i personally think you should pursue it or you will never be happy, but there is something to learn about these phones, and that is that there is nothing else out there like it so its going to have a different feeling than anything else, i wasnt happy with my click until i learned it and now ive grown very fond of it. but it is not for everyone
    Wow, the Torx screw fix is the official "fix" used in store now???? Wonder if VZW got the idea from Crackberry? *LOL*
    and i noticed that too haha im sure those techs go home and read up on little tips here and there (well the good ones).
    03-25-09 12:45 PM
    I was thinking....hilarious.....
    03-25-09 12:45 PM
    Hi! .. can you please tell me exactly where i can find the 'torx screws'?

from a newbie to bb storm
    and to answer your question if you take your battery cover off you will probably see a little screw below your battery(to the left of the sim card) and then another screw hidden under a red sticker, those are your torx screws
    03-25-09 12:47 PM
    there are some of my friends who got the storm as part of beta testing, like the first full shipment of phones to VZW. and the screen is BUTTER! it's smooth, very tactile click, JUST LIKE THE COMMERCIAL. and all over, corners, every single spot on the screen is perfect. idk what's changed? i'm bringing his phone with me and going to the store and demanding they match that quality or ELSE! (idk what "or else" implies, maybe i'll write a letter, lmfao!)
    03-25-09 12:48 PM
    and to answer your question if you take your battery cover off you will probably see a little screw below your battery(to the left of the sim card) and then another screw hidden under a red sticker, those are your torx screws
    Much appreciated, voyagor
    03-25-09 12:56 PM
    Just stick a small piece of paper behind your battery... Just make sure you center it behind the battery... Trust me you'll be amazed at how well your screen will click after... THIS REALLY ISN'T A JOKE... lol... just a quick and easy fix, if this doesn't help adjust the torx screws some more.

i.e. take the batter out put piece of paper in battery bay centered and put battery back in, reboot... Screen should click much better. I used a slightly thicker grade paper cut a small piece and folded it in half... Worked like a charm.
    Last edited by StevenG; 03-25-09 at 01:06 PM.
    03-25-09 12:59 PM
    i can tell you that i used to use a business card as a method of making my screen better, but i tried this method and it works for SURE. try this: http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/cl...-style-184518/
    03-25-09 01:07 PM
    I know I can do that, but I find it absurd that I would need to put paper on the batter in order for it to click properly. I think I'll call verizon support and have them mark it on my account that I shall recieve a new phone. Thats what I was told over the phone with Verizon CS, but they just passed me over in the store and sent me over to tech support.
    03-25-09 03:23 PM
    I got my storm on Sunday and so far I love it. The only thing that is bothering me is the screen click. At first the bottom quarter of the screen didn't click, so I brought it in and they adjusted the torque screws. It worked better but there was a spot that still didn't really click great so I took it back a second time, and they adjusted it again. Now my mother’s storm (I payed the 100 for my phone and pay for the data plan) clicks awesome. Even with the adjustments and a small piece of paper mine doesn't click half as nice. The techs at the verizon store seem to think that my phone clicks great, but I feel I shouldn't need to add paper to make it click to satisfaction. I was able to convince a central customer service rep to give me a new phone, but he was unable to reach the store. He said just go in and they would give me a new one, but they didn't. Should I pursue this or give up?

first off.. ignore everyone here who is telling you to do the screw fix, and buisness card fix... WE ALL have a ONE YEAR WARRENTY on this phone...there is NEVER a need to do a buinsess card fix or mess with the screws to get a phone to work right.. besides, messing with the screws voids your warrenty, thats why the red sticker is over top of one screw is there, so if its missing, it will void your warrenty..
    second mistake you did was go into the store thinking there going to replace your phone. People in the store are ******* and will tell you your phone is right, when in face its not right. Call Verizon at *611 and go talk to one of those guys...I can't tell you how many times I went to a store abotu a problem on my phone and those ******* wouldn't help me and said my phone was good. I call up verizon on the phone and without question they have ALWAYS sent me out a new phone. They tell me all the time do not go into the store for help with replacing a phone, always call them over the phone to get new ones.
    There is NEVER a reason to Mod your Phone to get it right if your under the warrenty yet, so people who are tellign you to mess with the screws and put papaer under your phone are nuts, Get a replacement phone!
    03-25-09 03:53 PM
    first off.. ignore everyone here who is telling you to do the screw fix, and buisness card fix... WE ALL have a ONE YEAR WARRENTY on this phone...there is NEVER a need to do a buinsess card fix or mess with the screws to get a phone to work right.. besides, messing with the screws voids your warrenty, thats why the red sticker is over top of one screw is there, so if its missing, it will void your warrenty..
    second mistake you did was go into the store thinking there going to replace your phone. People in the store are ******* and will tell you your phone is right, when in face its not right. Call Verizon at *611 and go talk to one of those guys...I can't tell you how many times I went to a store abotu a problem on my phone and those ******* wouldn't help me and said my phone was good. I call up verizon on the phone and without question they have ALWAYS sent me out a new phone. They tell me all the time do not go into the store for help with replacing a phone, always call them over the phone to get new ones.
    There is NEVER a reason to Mod your Phone to get it right if your under the warrenty yet, so people who are tellign you to mess with the screws and put papaer under your phone are nuts, Get a replacement phone!
    Exactly. That always works perfectly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 04:09 PM
    If I might be allowed to point something out... I find depending on where I've been keeping it, what position it's in as I type and even what the temperature in the room is, that the screen clicks differently.
    03-25-09 04:22 PM
    Well I called the *611 number, and they are still having me go through the store. They woman I spoke with put a note on my account that it should be replaced with a new phone, and I will bring the second storm in to further my point. We will see how round three goes, but I will not back down. Even messing around with folded paper did not yield a click as nice as the one in the second storm. What pisses me off is I feel they are brushing me off because they think I'm just some young kid getting a new phone from mommy. I'm a 21 year old engineering student who just happens to look young.
    03-25-09 05:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD