after a reboot... every phone will have a 3-4 mb drop... but it stops there... thats what they mean by not having a memory leak...
    with a memory leak ... the phone will drop to as low as 0mb..
    09-10-09 01:45 AM
    Options > Status > File free
    Ok thanks I see now what this is and know that you can also hold controll-ALT and hit H
    09-10-09 10:02 AM
    im on .191 and my memory never drops below 41mb, regardless of what I am doing on my phone. It usually fluctuates between 46 and 42mb, this is not uncommon, it's the same principal as if you are using a "computer usage" meter on your PC, it's not "leaking memory" it is using it, why would we even need memory if it was not going to be utilized lol. Now I understand when it drops like 10-15mb for no apparent reason ect, that is a memory leak
    09-10-09 10:28 AM
    I have MeterBerry installed and set to reboot daily at 7:00 AM. I normally boot between 31-32mb and avg. between .5 and 1mb loss throughout the course of the day - this while running .151. with close to 30 apps installed and light to moderate use.

I use to check this a number of times a throughout the course of a day prior to installing .151, as I would routinely boot in the low 30's and drop to the teens. I no longer even give this a thought and only check periodically at this point (once every week or two).
    09-10-09 11:12 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD