Just wondered how many users there are in the Uk with the storm,

also of any issues or applications that anybody is having.

I know, or at least think slacker doesnt work here(at least i cant get it to), its whether there are any alternatives in the Uk
    Im in the in Warrington, but from Manchester originally.

Howdo Y'all
    02-13-09 03:56 PM
    Hi i have storm. Updated to .100 and is MUCH snappier and accel works quicker than any iphone. Is very worth doing. Just make sure u do a batt pull every day or download quickpull. Is Important!
    02-14-09 02:06 AM
    Slacker won't work in the UK because of copyright issues.

Only real problem I have is the 3GBB signal vanishing sometimes when I try to use something like Youtube, and that locking and unlocking is still laggy.

Running .106 and I'm not having any random reboots or freezes or bricking of my phone (.90 style).
    02-14-09 02:48 AM
    Just thought I'd mention that Slacker only works in the US (which leaves the rest of us around the world out of luck).
    02-14-09 03:00 AM
    Hi all

Im running .106 and having no probs with it (touch wood)
    I find the 3g signal is much better and battery life is a lil better but still an issue

From Liverpool
    02-14-09 03:06 AM
    The only real issue I have is when locking/unlocking the phone, couple of times I have had to pull the battery. Other than that I'm very happy wtth the phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 03:32 AM
    .106, bloody ****! where is the link please ..... need that now, mind you .100 is good,
    02-14-09 03:32 AM
    mp3raid has consumed a couple of days of my time recently. Great site for free mp3 downloads to storm. Greatly impressed by bb storm for web browsing, superceded vaio laptop!Its greener, less energy use and its a lot more portable. Its not a smart phone, its a truly portable tablet pc!. Was running free sky tv on it fine as well but since last week had problems with calling no. portrait fix on vodafone live which is also problem for flycast instillation. Am sure there will be plenty of official download apps nxt mth from vod store. Had probs after trying various 3rd party dwnloads. Tried reinstalling everything to fix vod live / but no joy. Any suggests for fix?
    02-14-09 05:11 AM
    Ive still got 78 where is this other OS and why wont it download when i say check for updates?
    02-14-09 05:50 AM
    I know im not sure on the updates either, i think it will be getting the lead out and going to the bb site.
    I didnt think slacker would work here, but thought id best try ion case there was a workaround somewhere.
    Ive had no issues with my storm at all and am loving it, loving this site also, this is the first time ive ever showed this much interest in a phone and the things can be done. I had an N95 last year and didnt get it to my full potential
    I have a couple of Mobile tv packages on their, sky sports and the music channel one
    02-14-09 07:25 AM
    Ive still got 78 where is this other OS and why wont it download when i say check for updates?
    .106 is a beta OS and not an official vodafone release and you have to download it form t'interweb then move it on to your phone. It takes about an hour to get it on your BB. There are full instructions in other forums of how to do it, follow them to a T and you'll b fine. Its worth doing as I can't see voda being arsed to do it in a hurry!

How is everyone finding batt... mine is sooooooo bad!
    02-14-09 07:26 AM
    My batt is gen very good unless i use the internet a load, play games, or get lost on my motorbike and keep my satnav running for 3 hours, however my n95 8gb was the same too,
    I gen lose 1 bar per day for normal phone call/standby use
    02-14-09 01:28 PM
    I have an unlocked Storm on o2 running .78, having no problems at all...
    02-14-09 01:43 PM
    106 is awesome. Check out Blackberry Storm Forum UK • Index page. Good site for the brits.

02-14-09 02:54 PM
    thanks for that ricky, will help along the way, this is still best site though by far, just working out what is relevant, haha
    02-14-09 06:40 PM
    Just wondered how many users there are in the Uk with the storm,

also of any issues or applications that anybody is having.

I know, or at least think slacker doesnt work here(at least i cant get it to), its whether there are any alternatives in the Uk
    Im in the in Warrington, but from Manchester originally.

Howdo Y'all
    I'm in the UK, have a Storm. I've not had application issues as such, unless you class the entire phone.

- Frozen 4 times after taking it from the holster
    - Frozen once while internet surfing
    - Frozen once while using RIM's AIM app, for no obvious reason
    - Phone is slow/unresponsive at times
    - Automated services (press 1 for x, press 2 for y) don't always recognise when I press numbers (this IS a Storm issue, some others have noted it too)
    - One of the corners doesn't click properly
    - Keeps telling me 2.2.26 is available for some apps, but trying to install that says "it's actually just 2.2.22"
    - Connection problems noticeable after a crash/reboot. Internet related functions (Browser/AIM/etc) tend not to work properly for another 15-20 minutes after that.

And for me, the beta OS isn't a shade better, and the color depth has been made worse to top it all off.

Just one or two problems, essentially
    02-14-09 10:00 PM
    Lol. sorry to hear that Syrius, they are serious problems though. have you stayed with the beta version or gone back to original
    03-22-09 01:35 PM
    I just put slacker on my husbands Storm and it worked fine he has OS109
    03-22-09 01:49 PM
    Hi guys

Total novice here hoping to get my first blackberry storm.

Can someone explain what a 'battery pull' is and why you need to do it?

why do you have to keep locking/unlocking your phone?

Also I seen some software on this site, does anyone know if if will work on UK storm and if not is there a UK app store for blackberries where I can download this stuff?

Thanks

Kati
    03-22-09 02:52 PM
    How does a 9500 work in the us since its GSM? Vzw have a contract with a gsm carrier here?

03-22-09 06:18 PM
    some people have to keep unlocking there phone prob because theyre locking it by accident(pressin top of screen).
    not sure what battery pull is, only imagine taking the battery out and rebooting, i think loads are doing it when not needed though
    04-03-09 07:42 PM
    some people have to keep unlocking there phone prob because theyre locking it by accident(pressin top of screen).
    not sure what battery pull is, only imagine taking the battery out and rebooting, i think loads are doing it when not needed though
    a battery pull is to clear up the "application memory" on the BB. basically if you use lots of apps and dont shut them down properly (like leaving vodafone live or a gps app like google maps or a browser running in the background) then they cause a "memory leak" which you've probably seen mentioned on the forums. this ends up making the phone get really slow and unresponsive, kind of like if you leave a computer on for days and it eventually crashes. all you do is pull the battery out and put it back in, wait the bloody ages it seems to take until the phone restarts (!) and it will work fine again!
    the easiest thing to do is download "quickpull" which makes the phone think its had the battery pulled but just simulates it. its really good because you can schedule it to do it at 4am or whatever so it works fine when you get up in the morning.
    best way to avoid it using memory is to do "BB Button>exit/close" on every app when you quit it otherwise they just run in the background. you can see the amount of memory left by going "options>memory>application memory". mine hovers around 40mb when best but drops to like 20 or so after a couple of days.

bit of an essay... but hi from Bristol/Oxford (and i recommend shazam app!)
    04-03-09 07:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD