actually all but four of my ringtones are gone, I still have the 3 notification sounds for AIM and one of the 3 beeps notification sound on my phone.

Didn't notice the ringtone has been changed till late last night due to the fact I usually has the phone in a holster or simply on vibration.
    I went in under sounds>set ringtones/alerts to check and see all the names for the ringtones/alerts are still in there but the files are gone. So whenever I click let's say the classic telephone ring or something.. I still get the 3 beeps. I did not delete anything on my own and actually in fact I have tried to locate a way to delete out the ringtones I don't need when I first got the phone but didn't find an option.

Anyone know a way for me to restore the default ringtones that came with the phone?
    12-10-08 06:45 AM
    The only thing I know is to reinstall the OS, selecting the option to completely erase the phone in the process.

Not sure if that is an option for you or not...
    12-10-08 07:38 AM
    This has now happened to me twice. The first time I upgraded a brand new storm from .75 to .86 and all the ringtones went away. I downgraded back to .75 and they were still gone. I returned the phone to the VZ store and they replaced it. I just upgraded to .90 and it did exactly the same thing. Any clues??? It's obviously not the phone. Could it be the corporate BES settings?
    01-23-09 05:07 PM
    Also, all of the sample pictures and the sample song is gone. Funny, the Babylon AD video is still there.
    01-23-09 05:47 PM
    Got it fixed by doing a Reset IT using crackutil then restore from backup. Regular wipe did not work either.
    01-24-09 10:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD