I've noticed that if my storm is in my pocket or not laying flat the alerts for text messages and emails are not the one I have set. Its some form of very simple tone. Is there something I'm missing. Can I stop it from doing that? Thanks!!
    04-25-09 10:10 PM
    are the alerts in a sound profile cuz youll have to select that profile
    04-25-09 10:31 PM
    Also make sure if you are receiving the texts from people that have custome ringtones set that you change their sms tone too in their contact. I've run into this too its really annoying

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-09 11:44 PM
    Also make sure if you are receiving the texts from people that have custome ringtones set that you change their sms tone too in their contact. I've run into this too its really annoying

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    In this case I had to create a separate sound profile with Vibrate and sound set to silent so my custom ringers would not ring.

I find the sound settings to have independent thoughts of their own. My loud setting has gone to vibrate by itself. I use the magnetic sleeve while it is in my pocket and this may be the reason for the strange behavior.

Never had this happen with the Pearl in or out of the sleeve.
    04-26-09 10:17 AM
    I've noticed that if my storm is in my pocket or not laying flat the alerts for text messages and emails are not the one I have set. Its some form of very simple tone. Is there something I'm missing. Can I stop it from doing that? Thanks!!
    Do you use any sort of case for your Storm? Is it in the case when you notice the difference in alerts?

Most BB-specific cases have a "sleep magnet" installed that will place the BB in "holstered" mode. Your defaults for holstered mode may be different from non-holstered mode.

I suppose a magnetic closure on a pocket could have the same effect.
    04-26-09 10:22 AM
    Thanks for all the advise. Ill look in to them all right now. Again Thanks!!
    04-26-09 10:55 AM
    Yeah, I don't know about outside on a desk. But I know I have it set on mine to buzz in the holster as sometimes it's not the right time to have a full ring. But you should be able to turn it off in Options/Ringtones I think.
    04-26-09 11:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD