I searched for the thread title and it came up with instructions for syncing Itunes album art. This is for those of us who eschew Itunes.

I got some of these instructions from this site. So credit to him/her/them.
    Review - Windows Media Player Mobile Tips and Tricks

I also got info on viewing the files you need in Vista from this site. Likewise credit to them.
    How to View Hidden and System Files and Folders in Vista | Microsoft Vista | Tech-Recipes

The key elements are these:

Sync your music using WMplayer. This is covered here.
    How to Sync Music to an MP3 Player Using Windows Media Player | eHow.com

Then once you have the music synced do this: edit: this works for WMP 10 also:
    ALBUM ART
    In most cases, if you make sure that Media Player is not running on your device before beginning a sync, the album art will be transferred automatically. If your music's album art does not transfer, and assuming you do have album art associated with the music in Media Player 11 on your desktop, you can copy it over manually:

1. Right click on the song in Windows Media Player 11's Library or Now Playing view.

2. Choose "Open File Location"

3. Windows Explorer will open, showing the location of the song you selected.

4. Make sure "Show hidden files and folders" is turned on in Tools>Folder Options>View Tab.

5. Select the file called "Folder.jpg" and do Ctrl+C to copy it.

6. Navigate to the folder on your storage card where the same song is located.

7. Paste "Folder.jpg" into the folder where the song is located on your storage card.

Windows Media Player 11 is less likely to successfully download and apply album art to your songs using "Find Album Info" than Windows Media Player 10 was. Even if the "Find Album Info" does correctly find and display the correct album art, the chance of it actually downloading the art and saving the proper JPGs to the correct folder are hit or miss. If the "Find Album Info" feature does not work, you can always search for the album cover manually in your web browser. Right click the image once you find it and choose "Copy". Then in the Windows Media Player library, right click the song's blank album art icon and choose "Paste Album Art". Now Windows Media Player will convert your pasted image into the proper JPG images in the folder where the songs are located.

If you can't see the "folder.jpg do this:
    Seeing your hidden files and system files in Vista is not much different than in XP. Here are the step-by-step directions. Remember that system files are hidden for a reason. Don�t go messin� around with stuff.

1. Click the round blue Start thing in the left corner
    2. Click Control Panel
    3. Click Folder Options
    4. Click the View tab
    5. Click Show hidden files and folders
    6. If you want to see system files as well, unclick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)
    7. Click OK

Once you synced it all up, you should see the album art when the tracks are playing. I am still looking for the IPod like interface where you can "swipe" the album covers to search through and find the one you want to play.

Hope this is helpful.
    Last edited by AcDriver; 12-17-08 at 08:26 PM.
    12-17-08 08:16 PM
    If you use WMP to transfer music - First try Shaken not Stirred program. Its a free download and will batch copy most of the album art.

WMP copied AA for about 250 albums (500 songs), Shaken copied another 250(400+ songs), that only left me about 100 album folders to do manually.
    12-17-08 08:27 PM
    Hey guys.
    I have to say that I used the ITune first and found it a pain for the Album art issue. I tried Media Monkey free verion and it works perfect. The best way I've found to get the mucis and artwork on the storm. Plug in play
    12-17-08 08:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD