Anyone having problems with the alarm not always working? I use it as a back-up in case of power outtages or cases of extreme slumber. At times, the alarm has not been going off through the speaker (yes, I get screen for the snooze/alarm off, yet no sound is playing).

When it works, it's great gets me right up....but sometimes it's when I get notifications or txt messages...I ignore them and for some reason, keeps the speaker from working...and at times I get no messages and it still doesn't go off through speaker.

I found out the hard way that it does not work all the time.
    03-01-09 07:41 PM
    Mine has never malfunctioned. In fact, it is my only alarm clock.
    03-01-09 07:50 PM
    Mine hasn't but I use a regular alarm as a back up just in case, until I'm back on an official OS.
    03-01-09 07:51 PM
    I'm running .109 and have been using my Storm as my primary alarm without problem. Do you put your Storm in bedside mode when you go to sleep?
    03-01-09 08:03 PM
    I've only had my Storm for about 2 weeks, and I haven't had a problem. Yet... Knock wood. That would really be a bummer, as the BlackBerry is my only alarm at school.
    03-01-09 08:08 PM
    I'm running .109 and have been using my Storm as my primary alarm without problem. Do you put your Storm in bedside mode when you go to sleep?
    Yes, yes I do...I never really knew the purpose of bedside mode.
    03-01-09 08:10 PM
    I noticed this as well...I believe bedside mode and Silent prevent the alarm from working. (sometimes I can't remember if I turned off the alarm or it never went off!!)
    03-01-09 08:12 PM
    From my understanding, bedside mode prevents messages (and calls?) from interrupting the clock program. So if it's active it *should* prevent the notifications. Not really sure why you're getting sporadic results with the sound, though.
    03-01-09 08:22 PM
    I've also noticed I never had this problem until using the Appleberry theme...possible problems?
    03-01-09 08:31 PM
    I'm brand new to the blackberry world. I have a curve 8330. When I got the phone a week ago, the home screen had an alarm clock icon on it. When I started moving around the other icons, the alarm disappeared. How do I get missing icons back?
    03-01-09 08:44 PM
    From my understanding, bedside mode prevents messages (and calls?) from interrupting the clock program. So if it's active it *should* prevent the notifications. Not really sure why you're getting sporadic results with the sound, though.
    I know that bedside modes dims the screen and turns off LED notification.
    03-01-09 08:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD