Sometimes when I log in to aim on my storm it say I have no buddies online but I most certainly do. Any way to fix that?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-08 05:32 PM
    It's just a problem with AIM. Not much you can do but wait it out.
    12-10-08 05:34 PM
    that happens on occasion to me as well.
    12-10-08 05:37 PM
    I've had that problem since around 5p today. Even tried re installing no luck. When I log on on my comp it says signed on in two loc. and all my buddies are on. No one has been able to IM me unless I'm at the comp.

12-10-08 06:20 PM
    same on my end, no buddies are showing up...please keep us posted on when this issue is resolved. thanks
    12-10-08 06:46 PM
    there is major problems in the aim service with it handing out your buddy list its not always the client.. to get a complete refresh of the account you can make a second aim account and then log into your bb on that one then log out and log in the one you use mainly.. this should force a full refresh... and return your buddys
    12-10-08 06:56 PM
    there is major problems in the aim service with it handing out your buddy list its not always the client.. to get a complete refresh of the account you can make a second aim account and then log into your bb on that one then log out and log in the one you use mainly.. this should force a full refresh... and return your buddys
    tried this and its not working. anything else? this problem occured after i updated.. maybe they have updated aim versions to go with it?
    12-10-08 09:31 PM
    i been having this problem since 6pm here in NY, says I'm signed on in 2 locations but no buddies pop up online on the Storm. Did a uninstall/reinstall also
    12-10-08 09:39 PM
    I think just wait it out since I had the same problem but when I logged in this morning it worked normally like usual.
    12-11-08 03:11 PM
    i've always had random problems with aim on every phone ive had. im having the same prob as you, and am activating my replacement storm in 5 seconds, maybe it will b ok on that one haha.
    12-11-08 03:31 PM
    So it happened to me again today.. I don't know if its related to the fact that the phone just crashed on me and reset. Did anyone have these issues without the phone resetting itself first?

12-11-08 05:51 PM
    yup happening to me again as well. I haven't tried since it wasn't working yesterday and still nothing
    12-11-08 06:11 PM
    I was ok this morning and all day at work lol but once it reset out of nowhere, no buddies on.

12-11-08 06:13 PM
    AIM Still not working, wtf??
    12-11-08 08:54 PM
    ok so i'm not the only one
    12-11-08 09:12 PM
    im calling blackberry support right now
    12-11-08 09:13 PM
    so is it just certain phones, or everyone?

i haven't had aim since about 5 or 6 tonight, eastern.

anyone using aim on your phone right now?
    12-11-08 09:18 PM
    well.. I can tell you in the last 4 or 5 years of using aim on a computer.. There has been probably 1000+ times I received the message "aim is currently unable to push your buddy list, Your buddy list is not lost and will return when available"

I am not saying this is directly related.. but when it has happened on every client they have put out there on the pc directly from them

and also happens on adium and ichat on the mac..

it makes me wondor if its actually the app on the bb or a aim problem..

thats were I am coming from.
    12-11-08 09:26 PM
    ive had that happen maybe once in many years using aim on pc and never once on ichat in by 3 years on mac
    12-11-08 09:30 PM
    ive had that happen maybe once in many years using aim on pc and never once on ichat in by 3 years on mac
    ichat for 2 yrs on my mb pro...never once had that issue either..

im calling blackberry support right now
    get anywhere with them?
    12-11-08 09:35 PM
    been on hold for 25 min for bb data support
    12-11-08 09:36 PM
    on hold for 42 minutes...finally hung up...there gonna hear **** from me tomorrow when I call in
    12-11-08 09:50 PM
    i just got my bold and was using AIM for the past 3 days. After riding up the elevator (lost reception) i checked to see if my aim was still logged on. I checked and it was still on buy all my buddies were offline. I uninstalled it and reinstalled same problem. I tried logging into my secondary SN and it shows everyone offline still. I logged back on my primary and its the same thing. I read that its not the BB but AIM's servers acting up. Its been about 8 hours and it still hasnt work. Anyone?
    12-15-08 09:41 PM
    Only had this happen a couple times but I just hit the BB button and then click refresh list.

Also, had AIM on all day with no problems here.
    12-15-08 09:45 PM

Also, had AIM on all day with no problems here.
    yeah, ive been fine the last few days actually... glad they fixed whatever was wrong with it.
    12-16-08 09:27 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD