After the Storm finally comes out, I think I'm gonna be a bit sad. All the anticipation will be gone and I will miss reading 8000 "my Verizon rep guaranteed me it will be out on this day" posts a day. I will miss the heated arguments and the elders getting angry at newbies for asking the same question that's been posted 1000 times already. Anyone else gonna feel this way ?

Oh wait, then we can do it ALL OVER AGAIN for the Javelin !!!
    11-09-08 10:10 PM
    Lol. Don't worry - all the 8000 threads you mentioned will quickly be replaced with questions on how to actually use the thing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-08 10:12 PM
    My guess would be that there wont be any shortage of excitement and arguments when the phone finally drops. There will still be plenty of recycled questions and more of us mindless newbs asking questions that have already been answered about 1000 times.
    11-09-08 10:13 PM
    lol ... i will miss it but then again i will then be entertained by my new storm !! lol
    11-09-08 10:13 PM
    I, for one, look forward to checking this forum from my Storm when I get it!!!!!!
    11-09-08 10:16 PM
    Actually i can't wait... to look back at the old threads a couple months from now and be like... "oh how ignorant we were.."
    Of course I'll be browsing the threads using the Storm... so it will all be quite humorous to me...
    11-09-08 10:16 PM
    Not one BIT
    11-09-08 10:20 PM
    lol.. it better be soon seriously lol
    11-09-08 10:24 PM
    i just hope i am not the guy who post the first "so, i dropped my storm today and...." thread!!!
    11-09-08 11:03 PM
    I think waiting and the build up of excitement that comes along with waiting is half the fun. Storm is going to be a great device. This feels like when I was waiting for Grand Theft Auto IV.
    11-09-08 11:13 PM
    honestly speaking

I have a feeling that when the storm does launch and get out there people will find the site by looking for information about it before they buy it.

I also think there will be tons of questions about how to use it.

there will also be people who may have problems with it asking. 90 Percent of the time when big devices hit the market more then a few people get a bad unit (don't think I mean that rim doesn't make a good product its just how electronics are)
    11-09-08 11:26 PM
    When the Storm launches, I will finally be able to get work done and actually be productive AT work, LOL. However, there is the possibility that I'll still be on these forums day and night while people post cool things they've learned to do on their Storm. Ahh, I'm doomed.
    11-09-08 11:40 PM
    i just hope i am not the guy who post the first "so, i dropped my storm today and...." thread!!!
    Makes me think of that guy who went to buy an XBOX360 on release day, only to trash it REAL good.
    If someone would do that to a storm, I think I will feel the urge to trash that person even better :P
    11-10-08 06:26 AM
    There will still be plenty of recycled questions and more of us mindless newbs asking questions that have already been answered about 1000 times.
    Hey I resemble that comment
    11-10-08 06:44 AM
    My guess would be that there wont be any shortage of excitement and arguments when the phone finally drops. There will still be plenty of recycled questions and more of us mindless newbs asking questions that have already been answered about 1000 times.

Like..."How do I get the WiFi to work?"
    11-10-08 07:30 AM
    Like..."How do I get the WiFi to work?"
    I can tell you how to do that right now. You have to hit the switch that is hidden right underneath the screen. To get to it, gently take a flathead screwdriver and wedge under the edge of screen to pry up the screen. No, don't worry about cracking the screen...trust me
    11-10-08 08:03 AM
    It'll be exciting and all that but it's been so long waiting now that i'll be like "ughh, finally!"
    11-10-08 08:33 AM
    I can tell you how to do that right now. You have to hit the switch that is hidden right underneath the screen. To get to it, gently take a flathead screwdriver and wedge under the edge of screen to pry up the screen. No, don't worry about cracking the screen...trust me
    What I've heard was that you had to take a fairly large hammer and a sharp nail. Place it exactly in the center of the phone after removing the battery, slam REAL hard and then WiFi will be enabled.
    11-10-08 08:57 AM
    When the Storm launches, I will finally be able to get work done and actually be productive AT work, LOL. However, there is the possibility that I'll still be on these forums day and night while people post cool things they've learned to do on their Storm. Ahh, I'm doomed.
    I'm with you on that. I believe my employer would be fully justified in recovering about half of my salary for the past 3 months. But, I'm sure I will still spend plenty of time on CB learning all the tricks for the Storm.
    11-10-08 09:16 AM
    The Storm will come out, and all will be consumed with that phone........until the next BIG phone comes out.
    11-10-08 09:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD