For some reason today after a reset vz tunes showed up on my home screen. I already have a vz tunes icon hidden in my download folder. Now I have two of them. Anyone know what's up with that?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 03:40 AM
    verizon pushes them to storms now.. along with slacker. as for doubles.. very odd
    08-11-09 03:44 AM
    Verizon is pushing the icon to your phone. As for a second icon I'm not sure.

08-11-09 03:44 AM
    I knew verizon pushed them to my phone it is weird that I have had the one icon since I bought my storm and now a duplicate gets pushed to my phone.

08-11-09 05:43 AM
    I found it on my phone again this morning after I already hide it once. They must really want us to use it
    08-11-09 06:31 AM
    Yeah, I got up this morning and saw it again too... kind of annoying... They can push it to my phone every day and I still won't use it.
    08-11-09 06:42 AM
    For some reason today after a reset vz tunes showed up on my home screen. I already have a vz tunes icon hidden in my download folder. Now I have two of them. Anyone know what's up with that?

Yeah I have this problem too. Also there is an icon from app world and I can't seem to make it go away.

08-11-09 06:55 AM
    Just delete the two service books that cause the program to be pushed and restart the phone. You should then end up with only one with your phone registers with the network.

davey are you sure the app world icon isn't for the update?
    08-11-09 06:58 AM
    Just delete the two service books that cause the program to be pushed and restart the phone. You should then end up with only one with your phone registers with the network.

davey are you sure the app world icon isn't for the update?
    Where do you delete the service books at please?
    08-11-09 07:04 AM
    Where do you delete the service books at please?
    options>advanced options>service books and then the ones that have the name pertaining to what you don't want. (I.E. VZW tones, slacker, song id)
    08-11-09 07:08 AM
    options>advanced options>service books and then the ones that have the name pertaining to what you don't want. (I.E. VZW tones, slacker, song id)
    That's great stuff! Thanks amavit!
    08-11-09 07:10 AM
    yes,they got me again,now i have 2 of them.this is starting to get ridiculous,they need to be sending us new os instead of this crap...
    08-11-09 07:11 AM
    That's great stuff! Thanks amavit!
    No problem!

Fordracer, did you delete the service books and they resent 2 of them or did they send you another one on top of the one you already had?
    08-11-09 07:13 AM
    Do all carriers push crap down there customers throats?
    08-11-09 07:14 AM
    Do all carriers push crap down there customers throats?
    I think this is only a verizon thing. Leave it to Big Red.
    08-11-09 07:17 AM
    I think this is only a verizon thing. Leave it to Big Red.
    Yeah maybe I sould rethink my choices when my contract is up. I don't use my phone that much. I like the great Customer Service when and if I might need it but i haven't yet in the two or so years I've been with VZW. The coverage is nice as well. Why can't VZW see what they are doing?
    08-11-09 07:29 AM
    Hmm... I just checked and I too now have a duplicate of this icon. As someone already stated - they can push this to my device every single day and I still won't use the service. Keep cluttering up my phone with this useless crap, however, and it won't be long before I begin considering dumping VZW altogether.

It's one thing to send this stuff out once (which I completely disagree with the practice), it's something else altogether to continue sending this crap out after you've already taken steps to hide it.
    08-11-09 07:46 AM
    Yeah maybe I sould rethink my choices when my contract is up. I don't use my phone that much. I like the great Customer Service when and if I might need it but i haven't yet in the two or so years I've been with VZW. The coverage is nice as well. Why can't VZW see what they are doing?
    I am most frustrated because the Verizon homepage on the browser is the perfect place for these apps, not pushed to our phones. I do not think this b.s. is enough for me to leave because Verizon is the service to have, but these service books are unnecessary.

JRSCivic made a good point in an earlier post, we should be calling CSRs to complain about this. In all reality if enough people complain, then eventually our voices will be heard.
    08-11-09 07:57 AM
    called cs,and they said they would put a block on this from happening again.this is BS,they should be pushing a new os instead of this BS...
    08-11-09 08:01 AM
    I edited the title to make it easier for the next person with this issue to find.

....remember to ....(from our Forum Posting Rules)......

Use a Descriptive Title
    This rule is simple; help us to help you. When you create your thread / post, think of it as if 'someone else' is reading it. With that in mind, make your subject lines related to the content of your post. Having a subject line of 'help' or 'now what', will not really help others later when they do a search for a particular issue. So, try to be a little more creative. Example: �My Pearl will not show myFaves icons� or �How do I use BB Maps on my 8100�
    08-11-09 08:03 AM
    called cs,and they said they would put a block on this from happening again.this is BS,they should be pushing a new os instead of this BS...
    You called and they put a block so those service books won't go to your phone anymore? Sounds like that's what I will be doing later!
    08-11-09 08:06 AM
    riders on the storm,thats what you and everybody else should do,this is BS....
    08-11-09 08:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD