first and foremost i know there are a lot of people considering returning their storm. and by all means if that's how u feel then do it. this is how i feel.
    The storm as a phone is spectacular. i have had many touch screen phones, not including the infamous iphone, but none even come close to the responsiveness of this phone's screen. at first the "clicking" to type was a major problem, becuase i could never get the right button to highlight as i clicked so it made a lot of errors. now i have found out that if u pretty much use ur thumbs in the place that they should go then it would be alright...lol. lemme explain. if you are in full quarty and try to type a t then use ur left thumb, if u type a y use ur right thumb. because whenever i would try to type a t with my right thumb then it seemed as if i always typed a y instead. i believe this is because the screen is heat sensitive so when ur reaching over the y to type the t, it is getting the heat from ur finger on y... this is just what i think the reason is, at any rate it works better for me now. also the auto correction sucked to me at first but then i made the side convinience key into the options key so whenever i need to add a word i just press it as i'm typing so that i can add it immediately. the next thing is the accelerometer not switching it's orientation. it is just like what alot of people have been saying. a simple battery pull solves a lot. i know there are a lot of things that people claim to not like about this phone. but for me the good outweighs the bad by a long shot. so i'm keeping the phone. i actually love it. and just the WOW factor when i present it to someone is enough for me..lol. i like to stunt. but i have become a pretty fast typist on this thing and even though i do make mistakes still i think that for me to be where i am in a day is pretty good.
    this is just my take on it..
    11-22-08 08:27 PM
    I agree with you 100% i too am getting better with typing the more i use it. And from what ive seen from the phone i like it. I love the screen, surfing the internet is awesome, video playback is awesome!
    11-22-08 08:31 PM
    i know there are a lot of people considering returning their storm.
    Doubt it. The general rule of thumb is that you hear far more from people who are dissatisfied than you do satisfied. When people are happy, they don't have as much to say or criticize. I'm confident that most new Storm owners are very happy. I certainly am. I love it. Loooooove it.
    11-22-08 08:34 PM
    This is what I expect when mine gets here. I KNOW there will be a learning curve and I am willing to take the time to master it!
    11-22-08 08:35 PM
    Doubt it. The general rule of thumb is that you hear far more from people who are dissatisfied than you do satisfied. When people are happy, they don't have as much to say or criticize. I'm confident that most new Storm owners are very happy. I certainly am. I love it. Loooooove it.
    u are right about that, what is the saying, every satisfied customer tells 5 people. every dissatisfied customer tells 10..lol.. well i guess it would make sense that we crackberryers would hear the most complaints because we are on a blackberry forum...
    11-22-08 08:38 PM
    I opened the box turned the phone on and went through wizard to set up the phone. I actually put the phone on spanish and couldn't get it bgack to english. I was on the phone with the CSR for 30 minutes. I just did a hard reset and SLOWED DOWN!!!!!!! It's been fine ever since. NOw I want those pesky pics off and I'll be set. And I took off a bunch of crap and my file free is 48210540. I noticed that the battery is weak and after a few emails and text it will need to be charged.
    11-22-08 08:38 PM
    This is what I expect when mine gets here. I KNOW there will be a learning curve and I am willing to take the time to master it!
    exactly, many people dont want to get over the learning curve to see the other side, in some cases i can understand. i dont type out long emails, but i do text on average over 2000 a month, so i feel that i will be very comfortable with this phone... give me another week.
    11-22-08 08:40 PM
    A good number of the people complaining are people who either don't have the phone and have a poor "perception" from what they have read or people who spent a whole 5 minutes with a demo unit

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-08 08:41 PM
    I have had the 8703e, the pearl, world edition and curve and I'd have to say the Storm is the best one yet... In my eyes anyways, if you figure you have 500+ people griping on this board about how bad the phone is, what about the thousands of others who love it? I got mine about 5 p.m. today and I just put it down to right this review! In only 4 or 5 hours I have picked up pretty quickly on typing with the screen and the only thing I don't like is my habbit to hit the return button instead of backspace... Other than that I have found nothing wrong, and the acceleromator? is almost instant when I switch! Oh and for those of you still looking for a storm, try Best Buy... I went in to pre order for their next shipment and they had like 6 left lol... Just my 2 cents.... -Jay
    11-22-08 08:43 PM
    I opened the box turned the phone on and went through wizard to set up the phone. I actually put the phone on spanish and couldn't get it bgack to english. I was on the phone with the CSR for 30 minutes. I just did a hard reset and SLOWED DOWN!!!!!!! It's been fine ever since. NOw I want those pesky pics off and I'll be set. And I took off a bunch of crap and my file free is 48210540. I noticed that the battery is weak and after a few emails and text it will need to be charged.
    wow are u serious about the battery? i used this phone for about 5 calls of about 10 minutes each, 30 or so text messages 7 emails, and listened to music in my car for about 45 minutes straight with only the overnight charge. i took it off the charger at 10 am and by 7 pm i am down to 45%. i dont know how good this is to yall, but coming from windows mobile. this is extravagant lol.. (s.a.t word)
    11-22-08 08:44 PM
    u are right about that, what is the saying, every satisfied customer tells 5 people. every dissatisfied customer tells 10..lol.. well i guess it would make sense that we crackberryers would hear the most complaints because we are on a blackberry forum...
    I couldnt agree with you both more. People do go all out to complain; but when they're satisfied, you barely hear a peep from them. I do believe complaints will show up in great numbers here simply because its a BB forum.
    11-22-08 08:44 PM
    lovin mine!
    11-22-08 08:48 PM
    lovin mine!
    lol.. short and sweet.
    11-22-08 09:05 PM
    I have had the 8703e, the pearl, world edition and curve and I'd have to say the Storm is the best one yet... In my eyes anyways, if you figure you have 500+ people griping on this board about how bad the phone is, what about the thousands of others who love it? I got mine about 5 p.m. today and I just put it down to right this review! In only 4 or 5 hours I have picked up pretty quickly on typing with the screen and the only thing I don't like is my habbit to hit the return button instead of backspace... Other than that I have found nothing wrong, and the acceleromator? is almost instant when I switch! Oh and for those of you still looking for a storm, try Best Buy... I went in to pre order for their next shipment and they had like 6 left lol... Just my 2 cents.... -Jay
    Yeah, I agree with you about the Best Buy thing. I called three Best Buy's here in NYC and ALL of them had some. One had 3. Another had 6! I don't remember how much the other had. What's great about it also is you don't pay $250 at Best Buy like you do at a VZ store. You pay $200. Great stuff.
    11-22-08 11:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD