Im new to BB. Is a wipe(reformat) required each time a OS patch is released? Seems like a lot of work -- backup/wipe/reinstall OS/reinstall all apps/sycn all data back to the phone.......reconfigure everything.....
    12-14-08 02:43 PM
    Im new to BB. Is a wipe(reformat) required each time a OS patch is released? Seems like a lot of work -- backup/wipe/reinstall OS/reinstall all apps/sycn all data back to the phone.......reconfigure everything.....
    It is not required. Alot of us just like to start with a clean device before installing a software update. You can install updates right over existing versions, no wipe necessary.
    12-14-08 02:46 PM
    ok good. 2 quick questions. Does the backup program that comes with the BB phone backup everything including config settings, calendar/task/contact data, and 3rd party apps? And is the PIN# that I keep reading about the same as a password that you've set on the phone?

Thanks!
    12-14-08 02:54 PM
    #1 Yes
    #2 No, your pin is the unique identifier for your BB. You can message any other BB user just by having their pin.

How to use blackberry messenger
    Last edited by armedtank; 12-14-08 at 03:09 PM.
    12-14-08 03:00 PM
    I also wiped my storm with jl_cmder and loaded .76 OS. My storm works great. Virtually no lag and the Internet seems quicker too. Just be sure to back up your phone before you wipe it. You will loose everything. It is worth the upgrade!!!!!
    12-14-08 03:54 PM
105 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD