Is there a way to adjust the sensitivity of the accelerometer? My storm flips to landscape mode more readily than I'd prefer.

Thanks in advanced.
    12-14-08 02:56 PM
    lol... this is the opposite complaint than I read normally. I know of no way to change this....
    12-14-08 03:00 PM
    I agree. The slighted tilt and it switches. Or when I pull it out of my my holster and initially want to look at it in portrait but its in landscape because I slightly tilted it while drawing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-08 03:02 PM
    I have been having similar problems. It gets confused when it is turned in horizontal or near horizontal situations. Like lying on a table. My solution is to use the other axis of rotation. Example. If you are using it in portrait, tilt the top of the screen toward you. same goes if you are in landscape. It gives ithe acceleromiter the extra dimension it needs to make the calculation as to what position the phone is in.
    12-14-08 03:10 PM
    I posted on this earlier. I definitely think they should add an option to defeat the auto-flip, and go with a manual shortcut to manually flip when needed, as an option for those who like this. I want to control my phone, not it control me, and I am not a robot who holds my phone at perfect angles all the time. Someone should make an application for this!
    12-14-08 03:23 PM
    Yeah, I kinda figured this would be the opposite of what most folks were asking about. But just like SLAV22, my storm sits on a table most of the time and I want it to stay portrait as much as I could. The slightest bump and it switches to landscape. A minor thing, but I figured I'd ask.
    12-14-08 03:24 PM
    Another user here with an oversensitive accelerometer. Flat on my desk and it rotates to landscape. Pull from the holster....100% of the time in landscape. Slightest tip to the left or right....landscape. Then, tipping it to revert to portrait works only 50% of the time. Sometimes takes 3-4 tries.
    12-15-08 07:14 AM
    I have experienced this also....It does this because most of the time when u set it down, u let one of the LONG sides sit down first! I have trained myself to let the short end with the mic hole in it to set down on the table/ect first! The landscape mode while on the table thing dosen't happen so much for me now......
    12-15-08 07:18 AM
    Yeah i'm not liking the accelerometer, i'd turn it off (if I could)over having it the wrong way everytime I pick it up. If it was a nice snappy switch it would be ok.
    12-15-08 07:49 AM
    i would imagine unecessary flipping would drain the battery. if you could shut it off and only flip it with a button i bet battery life would extend a bit as well
    12-15-08 07:59 AM
    +1 on having the same "issue"
    12-15-08 08:00 AM
    This happens to me also when I'm laying in bed reading my Crackberry posts... and then I roll on my side to get more comfortable and the screen changes!
    12-15-08 08:01 AM
    Yes the accelerometer is too sensitive and glitchy and not fluid yet. Hopefully it will be fixed in upcoming software updates. As much as people don't want to hear it the need too examine the I-Phone for the proper way for it to work.
    12-15-08 08:25 AM
    This happens to me also when I'm laying in bed reading my Crackberry posts...
    I don't believe you - post some pictures to support your statements

[just kidding ]
    12-15-08 08:39 AM
    usually everytime im done and i put it in my pocket i would just lock it then usually when you take it out of your pocket and u unlock it most of the time its in portrait
    12-15-08 08:45 AM
    I don't believe you - post some pictures to support your statements

[just kidding ]
    LoL... I swear!
    12-15-08 09:14 AM
    I wish the accelerometer would only switch screens when entering text. Eg. Click on "Goto" in web browser and THEN turn your phone on its side to get landscape mode.
    12-15-08 10:17 AM
    I just got the storm.. its ok. so far an HTC fan still. the accelerometer is a pain in that it keeps flipping portrait to landscape. if anyone has found a method of tweaking this can they please post a solution?
    cheers.
    mac
    01-21-09 03:16 PM
    AGREED!.....the accelerometer is worse than an unruly teenager, it does what it wants when it wants and never makes any freaking sense.

I wish i could toggle it with a hotkey, or just turn it off. Or even better yet, just freakin make it less sensitive and have it work right.
    01-21-09 03:40 PM
    I honestly don't have any issues while using the phone keeping it in portrait or landscape. I do however have the issue of it being in landscape when I pull it out of my holster... which gets annoying because then I have to fight with it to go into portrait for a few seconds.

If anything... I just wish they would either add an option for home screen flipping (something I don't need), add a delay before it flips to landscape from such activities as pulling it out of a holster, or like someone suggested... some sort of gesture+accelerometer to make it change orientation.
    01-21-09 07:58 PM
    This happens to me also when I'm laying in bed reading my Crackberry posts... and then I roll on my side to get more comfortable and the screen changes!
    LOL I have this problem too. I notice it the most in bed. But I also notice it when I set it flat on a table.
    01-21-09 08:03 PM
    i actually like it way it is...most of the time. i dont like delay i want it to go asap. its usually decent enough
    01-21-09 08:17 PM
    I can say that for me, with the .8x leaked updates, and probably now the .90 leak, it's not quite as twitchy when you lay it flat.
    01-21-09 09:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD