I am going on a trip this monday and would like to use my storm to watch a movie on the flight. I am having problems adding the video. It claims it takes WMV or MP4 but when I add them they don't work, I get audio but no video. I even tried downloading a blackberry video converter

nidesoft.com/blackberry-video-converter

Nothing seems to work. Does anyone know a good way to add video??
    12-06-08 05:55 PM
    Have you tried using the builtin media software that comes with the new 4.7 desktop manager? I used it and transfered over 2 different AVI files and both played flawlessly. I will give you the option to transfer it over or to convert it for optimal playback, both look great on the phone.
    12-06-08 06:02 PM
    I am going on a trip this monday and would like to use my storm to watch a movie on the flight. I am having problems adding the video. It claims it takes WMV or MP4 but when I add them they don't work, I get audio but no video. I even tried downloading a blackberry video converter

nidesoft.com/blackberry-video-converter

Nothing seems to work. Does anyone know a good way to add video??
    use handbrake. works for me and others. search for prior how-to threads, plenty of how to stuff already posted
    12-06-08 06:34 PM
    When using handbrake, I can't seem to get past task 2 of the 2 different tasks that apparently need to be encoded. It just stops after 100% on task 1 and never puts a completed encoded file in the location I chose to place the completed file since it's apparently not finished. Anyone help?
    12-06-08 06:58 PM
    Ok i have a macbook with tiger not leopard i have tried thousands of movies and times to get them to play right on my storm. I used handbrake and i can hear the audio but the picture is pixilated and all different colors sometimes its just snow. I have no clue what i am doing wrong. I have used different settings that others have used and its a no go i have been doing this for 3 days and still nothing. What should i do
    12-25-08 04:40 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/bla...n-howto-99653/

make sure you can play back the files with audio on your computer. if not, there might be a codec problem somewhere.
    12-25-08 04:55 PM
    Ok i have a macbook with tiger not leopard i have tried thousands of movies and times to get them to play right on my storm. I used handbrake and i can hear the audio but the picture is pixilated and all different colors sometimes its just snow. I have no clue what i am doing wrong. I have used different settings that others have used and its a no go i have been doing this for 3 days and still nothing. What should i do
    Make sure you are using the correct preset. I tried watching a movie encoded for the Apple TV and it was a no go. Then I ripped a few movies using the iPhone settings and it worked with no problems. It results in about 1GB per movie. I have 3 on my storm at the moment. You can change the preset on the right side of the handbrake interface.
    12-25-08 05:17 PM
    I can watch them on my computer and i also tried using the iphone settings and it still doesn't work i have no clue on what im doing wrong i have tried everything.
    12-25-08 05:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD