I believe I know the answer, but after contacting Verizon I'm not so sure. I want to add a new line to my Family Share plan and then switch the storm from that to my line. The rep wasn't sure if it would qualify for the $199 pricing or not. Best case scenario would be that I buy the storm for the 2 or 1 year price (already guaranteed I can get it for 1 yr price) on my main line and not have to sign up for a new line.
    11-13-08 01:04 PM
    I think you would get it for that price but you would have to wait a month before you can switch numbers I think. It would also renew your contract for another 2 years I think.
    11-13-08 01:06 PM
    From what I know, you should be able to add it to the family ahre plan. that line will just need to have BIS service for 29.99 as a feature. When you change it to one of your other lines, you'll have to make sure BIS is canceled on one and added to the other. It sometimes is easier to go in and talk to a rep instead of doing it over the phone when dealing with the more complicated swaps like that
    11-13-08 01:24 PM
    I went to the motions using the world bb online last night, my final due today price, was the 2 year price.
    11-13-08 01:46 PM
    From what I know, you should be able to add it to the family ahre plan. that line will just need to have BIS service for 29.99 as a feature. When you change it to one of your other lines, you'll have to make sure BIS is canceled on one and added to the other. It sometimes is easier to go in and talk to a rep instead of doing it over the phone when dealing with the more complicated swaps like that
    ****, I was just going to try to do it online. Is it impossible to do online, or just kinda sorta complicated??
    11-13-08 11:03 PM
    I've done this before...

You can purchase the phone on a new line in the store, have them switch it to your line after they activate it and activate a regular phone or your old BB on the new line for 30 days at $9.99/month. I'm going to do that since I upgraded 3 months ago to the Curve... then on the 31st day, I'm paying the $175 to cancel the new line (which you can do with no problems, already confirmed it with a manager at my local VZW store).

So $200 + ~$20(taxes) + $175 + $9.99 = $405 for the Storm

My case: $405 less $250 for my Curve I'm selling, less $100 for my 8gb iPod Nano 3rd Gen I'm also selling (consolidating them into the Storm)...

I'll be at $55 final price!!
    11-14-08 01:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD