Hi

I searched, but I can only find solutions telling people how to add it via desktop manager.

I did an OS upgrade to 141 on my 9500.

However, there was only a few languages to choose from. In addition to English, I need Afrikaans (which is now listed in my apploader).

I will thus need to find this elsewhere, and I know it exists, had it on both my .78 and .113's

Anyone with some advice?

Thanks!
    Marlon
    05-02-09 08:56 AM
    wow, I cant even type in Afrikaans, since the spell checker changes all my words.
    Please, Im sure there is someone out there who had to install an additional non-standard language?
    05-02-09 05:03 PM
    *2 days later bump*
    :'(
    05-04-09 01:37 AM
    I actually had a similar issue. Hebrew input was available on the .113 leak I used, but it's no longer an option with .122 (official Bell release). You may just need to copy the .COD file from an older release.
    05-04-09 08:32 AM
    Good idea. I was also on .113 , which had a list of languages available.
    05-04-09 08:34 AM
    Hi Folks

Still need help. Cant find a working cod for afrikaans for my .141.
    If anyone knows how to add language and input support, please let me know. A reply, a PIN, anything!

Thanks
    05-05-09 02:49 AM
    I ran into a similar problem and I've heard two solutions. I havent had the time to try either yet though so I do not know if they'll actually work. The first is to do as the previous poster stated and to find the .cod files from an OS with the support and then copy them over to the OS you're using now.

The other solution was to use a hybrid OS designer program by hollip3020. From what i gather you can selectively add or remove a variety of languages in additiion to customizing the different aspects of the hybrid.
    forums.crackberry.com/f132/storm-shrink-hollip3020-195720

Personally, I would try the first method first just because you can really mess up your phone with making your own hybrid unless you're careful.

Hope this helps!
    05-05-09 08:00 AM
    RIM should offer methods of adding language inputs without any need for them to be in the OS. Some form of additional, free downloads. Or the people in the know here could provide us with a list of all files needed for any language.
    Leonatthebeach likes this.
    05-05-09 08:43 AM
    Nofanboy hit the nail on the head.
    How awesome would the ability be, to have a download area where you can download languages. Voila, internationalization for their product!
    05-07-09 03:15 AM
    Cant find anything.
    I would appreciate anyone who can find a afrikaans language/input cod for me, to let me know where via PM.
    Ive searched long and hard.

Regards
    05-09-09 03:45 PM
    The world has failed me.
    Woe.
    05-11-09 04:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD