I have searched already and maybe I missed it but I am wondering if there is any way to add a number / email to an already existing contact w/o having to copy and paste it. On my voyager there was the option to add either to a new / existing contact right from the text or email I was reading but I haven't seen a way to do it on the Storm.

Does anyone know if this can be done?? If I missed the thread in my searching that already discussed this can you please just post the link.

Thanks
    01-04-09 12:57 PM
    when I add more info to a contact all I do is go to the contact in my address book, select them, click menu, and add the additional info, then save.
    01-04-09 01:12 PM
    I'm sure there has to be I don't remember copy and pasting when I added contacts that way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-09 01:13 PM
    when I add more info to a contact all I do is go to the contact in my address book, select them, click menu, and add the additional info, then save.
    Yeah I have been able to add the contact info just as you described also. What I was trying to ask and maybe it wasn't clear is this:

Say you already have an existing contact in your contacts and its only a phone number. This same person emails you and happen to have the email open. This persons email address isn't attached to their contact info as of yet. On my voyager I can hit options -> add contact -> then it gives me the option to add this to a new contact or existing one.

With the Storm I can select the number/email hit the BB button and it gives the option to add to contacts but it always goes to add a new contact versus having the option to add to an existing one.

I was just wondering if there was a way on the Storm to add to an existing one but I am guessing not. It isn't a huge issue or anything I had just gotten into the habit of being able to do that.
    01-04-09 02:18 PM
    good question. I has a friend text me with a new # and had tio resort to writing it down and editing the existing contact. I couldn't find an "Update existing contact". Is this just a BB thing? Most dumb phones allow you to update an existing contact..
    01-04-09 02:29 PM
    I too was trying to add a friends email and couldn't find a way to do it as described above. I ended up cutting and pasting it in.
    01-04-09 02:36 PM
    All you have to do is from the text, hover over the number and click it. It will say add to contacts
    01-04-09 02:38 PM
    All you have to do is from the text, hover over the number and click it. It will say add to contacts
    that's juat it though, it creates a NEW contact and doesn't allow (that i've figured out) to add to an existing contact.
    01-04-09 02:41 PM
    good question. I has a friend text me with a new # and had tio resort to writing it down and editing the existing contact. I couldn't find an "Update existing contact". Is this just a BB thing? Most dumb phones allow you to update an existing contact..
    Well I am glad its just not me who wasn't able to do this. I seriously thought I had missed something while trying.
    01-04-09 02:44 PM
    that's juat it though, it creates a NEW contact and doesn't allow (that i've figured out) to add to an existing contact.
    Yes, you CAN do this. Look in your options. There's a bit about NOT allowing duplicate contacts (same name). Select this and then the new info will be updated into your existing contact. Easy
    01-04-09 02:55 PM
    Yes, you CAN do this. Look in your options. There's a bit about NOT allowing duplicate contacts (same name). Select this and then the new info will be updated into your existing contact. Easy
    Kewl I knew there had to be a way I just couldn't find it

01-04-09 03:02 PM
    Where is it under options? I look everywhere and nothing..
    01-04-09 03:06 PM
    Where is it under options? I look everywhere and nothing..
    In Contacts hit Menu select Options then General Options then change Allow Duplicate Names to No.
    01-04-09 03:15 PM
    In Contacts hit Menu select Options then General Options then change Allow Duplicate Names to No.

Thank you buddy I was looking at the options menu DUH!
    01-04-09 04:28 PM
    That is soooooo cool! I wondered how to get rid of duplicate names. I only have a few but this should take care of adopting more.

Thanks.
    01-04-09 05:09 PM
    okay, so i set allow duplicate names to no. want to add an email to an existing contact, I click the email and the option for saving it comes up but only as a new contact. I click.

so I thought that i needed to type in the name again...click to save and it says " i|duplicate name" and it brings me back to editing the contact info. can't get past that point; how do you simply just update the contact info when it stops me at that message? any ideas?
    01-04-09 05:39 PM
    This does provide a work around but sort of I guess...
    01-04-09 11:02 PM
    What about adding more then one email address to a contact?

01-05-09 10:34 AM
    What about adding more then one email address to a contact?

Go into contact, hit bb button and select edit, hit bb button again and then click on add email address
    Last edited by 112575; 01-05-09 at 11:58 AM.
    01-05-09 11:55 AM
    So I guess there is no way to have it bring up your contacts so you can choose which one to add the email address to? I've been looking for the exact same thing.

01-08-09 10:38 AM
    call me crazy... but on the original OS you had the option to add to a specific contact as opposed to having to start a new one. But in the .75 OS you don't have the option anymore. Anyone still using the orig?
    01-08-09 11:53 AM
    call me crazy... but on the original OS you had the option to add to a specific contact as opposed to having to start a new one. But in the .75 OS you don't have the option anymore. Anyone still using the orig?
    My phone had .75 already installed so I don't know.

01-08-09 03:13 PM
    Yes, I wish the Storm had this feature. It's tedious having to go through copy and paste or going into an existing contact then editing. It is much easier just adding to existing contact.
    01-08-09 03:27 PM
    my curve didn't have this feature either.....it's a blackberry thing
    01-08-09 03:34 PM
    yeah. i think it's a BB thing. copy and paste has been the simplest method for me at the moment.
    01-08-09 03:54 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD