Hi,

how can we add a number to an existing contact from call log without copy/paste. There is possible only when we create a new contact! Someone have an idea?

Thx
    03-28-09 07:47 AM
    Hmm, I THINK there was an app for this? I can't remember never paid much attention to it. Never found it an "issue".
    03-28-09 07:53 AM
    Hmm, I THINK there was an app for this? I can't remember never paid much attention to it. Never found it an "issue".
    Hi, without applications
    03-28-09 07:56 AM
    Ah, I see. Without an app. Then I don't think so. Because if you save a number that's not into your address book it will then make it a "new" contact.

What I've been doing, I think it's how it's done, "COPY 000000"
    Go to contact "edit"
    Then "paste".

Which is what you're doing? Right?

Unless I'm missing something but as far as I know. That's how. without any apps.
    03-28-09 08:02 AM
    there is no way to do it from the call log... editing contacts can only be done from the contacts screen
    03-28-09 08:05 AM
    there is no way to do it from the call log... editing contacts can only be done from the contacts screen
    As a business phone It should be easy to add a number to an existing contact! it is my personal opinion
    03-28-09 08:10 AM
    Ah, I see. Without an app. Then I don't think so. Because if you save a number that's not into your address book it will then make it a "new" contact.

What I've been doing, I think it's how it's done, "COPY 000000"
    Go to contact "edit"
    Then "paste".

Which is what you're doing? Right?

Unless I'm missing something but as far as I know. That's how. without any apps.

I do like that every time
    03-28-09 08:12 AM
    Hi,

how can we add a number to an existing contact from call log without copy/paste. There is possible only when we create a new contact! Someone have an idea?

Thx
    I can't imagine a way that would be easier than copy and paste, really, when you think the process all the way through. I suppose you could wish for it to pull up your contacts automatically and then search through that, but **** it would be the exact same amount of clicks so it's kind of pointless. Maybe you currently do it differently than i do, so I'll explain my method.

1) Enter phone mode, click on call log.
    2) highlight number, but do not click
    3) select "copy ##########"
    4) press contacts, select contact
    5) menu button and select edit
    6) select field, press menu, and selet paste.
    7) save

I don't know what you would eliminate or how a different process would be any better once you think through the logistics of it. I suppose in this method having to click on the contact is annoying. It'd be easier if you can get to edit most when the contact is highlighted among the list, but that's a minor annoyance I can deal with.

I do think there are many major improvements to be made with the implementation of the phone app, but I've already blathered on about that here.
    03-28-09 08:17 AM
    Many mobile phones already have this functonality - adding a new caller's number to an existing contact. Nokia, Samsung and winmobile phones allow you to do that. Methink Blackberry should tweak their phone apps to allow that function

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-09 08:24 AM
    I can't imagine a way that would be easier than copy and paste, really, when you think the process all the way through. I suppose you could wish for it to pull up your contacts automatically and then search through that, but **** it would be the exact same amount of clicks so it's kind of pointless. Maybe you currently do it differently than i do, so I'll explain my method.

3) select "copy ##########"
    4) press contacts, select contact
    5) menu button and select edit
    6) select field, press menu, and selet paste.
    7) save

I don't know what you would eliminate or how a different process would be any better once you think through the logistics of it. I suppose in this method having to click on the contact is annoying. It'd be easier if you can get to edit most when the contact is highlighted among the list, but that's a minor annoyance I can deal with.

I do think there are many major improvements to be made with the implementation of the phone app, but I've already blathered on about that here.
    Thank you, there is also my method You're right there are a lot of improvement to be made! But in my opinion the first improvement must be for the phone app because BB is the first of all a business phone, it have to be easy and helpfull!!
    03-28-09 08:28 AM
    The way it works on other mobile phones/PDAs with this functionality is:
    3) menu button and select add to contacts
    4) contact list opens, with a 'new contact option' at the top of alphabetical contact list
    5) select an existing contact which either pens for FULL edit or
    pens the phone list options ONLY (mobile,work, home, pager etc)
    6) select list option and enter.
    7) save

03-28-09 08:38 AM
    The way it works on other mobile phones/PDAs with this functionality is:
    3) menu button and select add to contacts
    4) contact list opens, with a 'new contact option' at the top of alphabetical contact list
    5) select an existing contact which either pens for FULL edit or
    pens the phone list options ONLY (mobile,work, home, pager etc)
    6) select list option and enter.
    7) save

Hi, when I select add contacts it open directly new contacts! here is the problem! What you are talking about it was possible with my old htc wm
    03-28-09 08:57 AM
    No other solutions?
    03-28-09 01:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD