Before everybody flames me lol read what i am writing

Does anybody know how to get rid of the Activation required on an unlocked Telus Storm ?
    The ##000000 trick doesnt work on it because the msl code (000000) is different.
    Anybody knows the Telus one ?
    12-18-08 01:05 PM
    nobody huh ? well at least i didnt get flamed lol
    12-18-08 01:51 PM
    I'd like to know this as well.
    Anyone?
    01-04-09 09:09 PM
    i managed to get it removed. what you need is the MSL password. ill post a thread on how to do it.
    01-05-09 06:10 PM
    ok here goes.

Obtain these two programs:

1. uniCDMA
    2. Hexworkshop

1. Install your blackberry desktop manager. (Im using version 4.7 and it hasnt given me any problems.) Plug In blackberry.

2. Run desktop manager

3. Minimize DM and run uniCDMA

4. Select "Qualcomm" under the mode drop menu

5. Click setup and change the port to com4

6. Click Read all and it should fill in the boxes on the left with your blackberry information

7. Click HF ->DM

8. Click memory and change the starting address to 0x17c47cce and length to 524288. Click read and save to file.

9. Now open Hexworkshop and open the file you just created.

10. In the right box you will see a 6 digit number. That is your MSL password.

11. Unplug your blackberry and call ##XXXXXX (XXXXXX is the MSL password) Press Send

12. Change the Mobile Directory Number to you 10 digit cell number.

13. Press Menu then close and it will reset your phone and you are good to go.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any problems and ill try to help. Im not totally sure if your MSL code will be in the same area as mine so if not let me know and i can find some number adjustments for you.
    01-05-09 06:40 PM
    Thanks so much will try this out tomorrow !!
    01-08-09 11:22 PM
    Ok so sorry i only got around doing this now.

I did everything you said, but after opening the file with Hex, the right column only had 0s and no 6 digits number..
    Then again, as I was clicking DM it kept saying "failed to enter DM Mode!"
    Any fix ?
    Last edited by ranxoren; 01-22-09 at 12:13 AM.
    01-22-09 12:05 AM
    was it showing your storm information. it might be a port problem.
    01-22-09 01:33 AM
    i think u gota go *2203 or #2203...and follow prompts
    01-22-09 02:57 AM
    im not sure if it needs to be but try going to CDMA mode and in hex workshop you might have to search through the right side a bit to find the number but it will be 6 digits in the middle of everything. if you cant find it upload me the file and ill have a look for it. might need to specify a different location to search
    01-22-09 12:31 PM
    can you guys tell me how u got the telus storm unlocked .. im trying to unlock mine
    01-22-09 01:52 PM
    i think u gota go *2203 or #2203...and follow prompts
    neither of them does anything.
    01-22-09 07:50 PM
    im not sure if it needs to be but try going to CDMA mode and in hex workshop you might have to search through the right side a bit to find the number but it will be 6 digits in the middle of everything. if you cant find it upload me the file and ill have a look for it. might need to specify a different location to search
    Yeah it gives me a .bin file that hex opens but theres no 6numbers whatsoever.
    Ill keep looking thanks for the help . If i cant find it ill send you the .bin file.
    But yeah as far as going into CDMA mode what do you mean by that ?
    01-22-09 07:52 PM
    Yeah it gives me a .bin file that hex opens but theres no 6numbers whatsoever.
    Ill keep looking thanks for the help . If i cant find it ill send you the .bin file.
    But yeah as far as going into CDMA mode what do you mean by that ?
    try putting the start location as 0x17c455be. by CDMA mode i mean take it off of GSM and then try dumping the file.

did you solve the problem with it connecting to the network?
    01-23-09 01:02 AM
    hey, where did you get your telus unlocked?
    do you mind sharing it?

thanks
    01-23-09 01:07 AM
    hey, where did you get your telus unlocked?
    do you mind sharing it?

thanks
    if they were unlockable i would love to tell you where but I myself can find nobody that can unlock them yet. The ones floating around most likely came that way from factory. Give it some more time. if i find any information ill let you know.
    01-23-09 01:10 AM
    got it factory unlocked directly from my contacts at RIM.

yes i solved the network problem just had to do a battery pull thats why I took that issue out of my post lol.

Let me try putting it in CDMA then follow your tut again.

Thanks for being helpful btw
    01-23-09 07:12 PM
    Yeah so even changing the starting address didnt fix it...
    Also putting the phone on 1ex didnt work for DM mode as well.

Heres a link to my bin file maybe i just dont know where to look : Send big files the easy way. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!

its a zip file, Storm.bin is the first starting address you gave me Storm (2).bin is the second one.

Thanks again for the help

Thanks
    01-23-09 07:20 PM
    UPDATE: rolandj PMed me the MSL code and it WORKED!!!
    So BIG BIG BIG BIG thank you from me for guiding me through everything and coming through when I couldnt figure it out.
    You have all my gratitude I owe you.
    01-23-09 09:05 PM
    hey ronaldj, i just got my BB storm today and it's torturing me with this exact problem.

I tried to follow the steps, up to step 5. But then, step 6 doesn't work for me.

Can i ask you for some help also? It would be so, SO appreciated.

thanks in advance!
    02-13-09 08:10 PM
    Okay, someone give me the cliffnotes... but point is, everytime I activate a Telus device, it's *22803, 1 for engrish, 1 to active/2 to update roaming lists.
    02-13-09 09:03 PM
    Thank you very much
    02-13-09 09:41 PM
    where are you having these troubles. if you follow the above steps to get your MSL code then use it add the phone number in and it will fix the problem. let me know which step you are having trouble with or if you need to send me the file that uniCDMA dumps and ill find it in there for you.
    03-01-09 02:06 PM
    So far no on on Telus or Bell has an unlocked storm.. Therefore this handset is probably still locked!!!!!!!!!
    03-01-09 03:27 PM
    wi;; this also work on a bb8830we thanks
    03-01-09 04:00 PM
168 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD