Activation Required - TELUS
Before everybody flames me lol read what i am writing
Does anybody know how to get rid of the Activation required on an unlocked Telus Storm ?
The ##000000 trick doesnt work on it because the msl code (000000) is different.
Anybody knows the Telus one ?
- 01-05-09, 06:40 PM #5
ok here goes.
Obtain these two programs:
1. Install your blackberry desktop manager. (Im using version 4.7 and it hasnt given me any problems.) Plug In blackberry.
2. Run desktop manager
3. Minimize DM and run uniCDMA
4. Select "Qualcomm" under the mode drop menu
5. Click setup and change the port to com4
6. Click Read all and it should fill in the boxes on the left with your blackberry information
7. Click HF ->DM
8. Click memory and change the starting address to 0x17c47cce and length to 524288. Click read and save to file.
9. Now open Hexworkshop and open the file you just created.
10. In the right box you will see a 6 digit number. That is your MSL password.
11. Unplug your blackberry and call ##XXXXXX (XXXXXX is the MSL password) Press Send
12. Change the Mobile Directory Number to you 10 digit cell number.
13. Press Menu then close and it will reset your phone and you are good to go.
Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any problems and ill try to help. Im not totally sure if your MSL code will be in the same area as mine so if not let me know and i can find some number adjustments for you.
Ok so sorry i only got around doing this now.
I did everything you said, but after opening the file with Hex, the right column only had 0s and no 6 digits number..
Then again, as I was clicking DM it kept saying "failed to enter DM Mode!"
Any fix ?
Last edited by ranxoren; 01-22-09 at 12:13 AM.
- 01-22-09, 12:31 PM #10
im not sure if it needs to be but try going to CDMA mode and in hex workshop you might have to search through the right side a bit to find the number but it will be 6 digits in the middle of everything. if you cant find it upload me the file and ill have a look for it. might need to specify a different location to search
- 01-23-09, 01:10 AM #16
got it factory unlocked directly from my contacts at RIM.
yes i solved the network problem just had to do a battery pull thats why I took that issue out of my post lol.
Let me try putting it in CDMA then follow your tut again.
Thanks for being helpful btw
Yeah so even changing the starting address didnt fix it...
Also putting the phone on 1ex didnt work for DM mode as well.
Heres a link to my bin file maybe i just dont know where to look : Send big files the easy way. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!
its a zip file, Storm.bin is the first starting address you gave me Storm (2).bin is the second one.
Thanks again for the help
UPDATE: rolandj PMed me the MSL code and it WORKED!!!
So BIG BIG BIG BIG thank you from me for guiding me through everything and coming through when I couldnt figure it out.
You have all my gratitude I owe you.
- CrackBerry Newbie
02-13-09, 08:10 PM #20
- 1 Posts
hey ronaldj, i just got my BB storm today and it's torturing me with this exact problem.
I tried to follow the steps, up to step 5. But then, step 6 doesn't work for me.
Can i ask you for some help also? It would be so, SO appreciated.
thanks in advance!
- 03-01-09, 02:06 PM #23
where are you having these troubles. if you follow the above steps to get your MSL code then use it add the phone number in and it will fix the problem. let me know which step you are having trouble with or if you need to send me the file that uniCDMA dumps and ill find it in there for you.