"Research in Motion VP of brand marketing Paul Kalbfleisch says last night's concert was a perfect way to "celebrate" the forthcoming release of Blackberry's Storm, which is scheduled for release next month."

Foos, QOTSA Rock Blackberry Launch Party

so december to me, seems BULL$hit !!!!
    10-30-08 01:29 PM
    Yep still November but at the end of the month....

Who said December.?
    10-30-08 01:31 PM
    Good i didnt believe the apple fan boy anyway lol
    10-30-08 01:31 PM
    As long as it comes out Black Friday at the absolute latest. I think that if it came out on Black Friday, I would actually be crazy enough to face the usual shopping crowds. =\
    10-30-08 01:33 PM
    I must be missing something I didnt' see anything confirming a Nov date it just talked about RCA releasing there (Foos) stuff. fill me in please, any confirmation is exciting lol!
    10-30-08 01:33 PM
    "Research in Motion VP of brand marketing Paul Kalbfleisch says last night's concert was a perfect way to "celebrate" the forthcoming release of Blackberry's Storm, which is scheduled for release next month."

Foos, QOTSA Rock Blackberry Launch Party

so december to me, seems BULL$hit !!!!
    There yah go from the mouth of RIMS VP..... And i was saying no december based on the fact of BGR who says December ish ... lol ...
    10-30-08 01:36 PM
    He never said December. but maybe I missed something...

You guys are letting Rumor crap spin your heads..... Just chill.. Who cares what BGR says and who cares what the RIM VP Says, it's all talk till it's out.....
    10-30-08 01:40 PM
    Yah thats true, i just get soo excited lol . and in his "live blog" which was no competition compaired to our crack berry god lol thx kev lol . He was saying towards the end that he believes based on the software it will be mid december. ill go look and try to find it.
    10-30-08 01:44 PM
    My thoughts exactly, yester18. its out when it is out... however until it is we'll see atlaest another 30 threads from people with "whaaaa when is it out?" as the title or something like that.
    -Rik
    10-30-08 01:57 PM
    yeah. when bgr said no way this is coming out nov 15th, that was their opinion based solely on the device they saw at the lauch party thing.

no concrete proof.
    10-30-08 01:57 PM
    There yah go from the mouth of RIMS VP..... And i was saying no december based on the fact of BGR who says December ish ... lol ...
    Hate to burst any bubbles but the words didn't come direct from the mouth of RIMs VP. Read the article: the reference to "next month" is from the author of the article and not the VP. Nothing in the VP's quote gives any indication to its release except for the word "forthcoming".

Of course that doesn't mean it won't come out in November. I for one don't care as I'll prob wait till when it arrives on my carrier next summer (hopefully sooner). Well, at least the bugs will be worked out by then!
    10-30-08 02:25 PM
    Personally, I think the lack of concrete marketing info from VZW is on purpose -it's "the calm before the Storm"
    Last edited by driwashsolutions; 10-30-08 at 03:01 PM.
    10-30-08 02:49 PM
    calm? everyone is freaking out!! the lack of information is starting to p!ss everyone off!!!
    10-30-08 02:52 PM
    The release of the Storm on Verizon is dependent on the SW. When they get a build they like, soon after it will go. It can still go earlier than the end of the month, just depends on the OS. Time will tell.
    10-30-08 02:57 PM
    Lol good then vzw suceeded like he said. I would really like a good solid answer... As to why everyone is getting so pissed. Really are you that wigging out over just a phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-08 03:00 PM
    calm? everyone is freaking out!! ...
    Ok - let's simplify:

- VZW is the mother nature of the Storm.
    - You (us) are in the path of the Storm, and are freaking out.

Isn't that the way it works?
    10-30-08 03:07 PM
    So my question is this - Once they get a solid OS build, how long would it take to flash all the phones and get them shipped out? 1 week? 2 weeks? More?

10-30-08 03:16 PM
    So my question is this - Once they get a solid OS build, how long would it take to flash all the phones and get them shipped out? 1 week? 2 weeks? More?

After TA it's usually 1-2 weeks. Closer to 2.
    10-30-08 03:39 PM
    I would think they could flash them at point of sale, time of sale
    10-30-08 03:40 PM
    makes sense to me!
    10-30-08 03:51 PM
    Stopped by my local VZ store, still being told mid-november. Deep breath people.
    10-30-08 03:59 PM
    I would think they could flash them at point of sale, time of sale
    Sure, all they'd have to do is wave a wand like Harry Potter and keep the queue moving like greased lightning.
    10-30-08 04:49 PM
    It's not a wand, it's a hockey stick... BBs are Canadian aye.
    10-30-08 04:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD