I still find it ridiculously stupid that apps that you're not even running slow down the OS simply by virtue of being on the phone! I can't say I've seen much difference between having VZNav on or off and I've not really ever installed many of the chat clients and what not so all that is really there is the icon. But even still an app that is not running and simply loaded on the device should have nearly no affect on speed providing you haven't completely filled the device.
    01-07-09 11:38 AM
    It should be standard for any blackberry owner to remove anything thay don't use to free up flash memory.

Install the OS on your PC and run the app loader (my pref) and remove anything you don't use. I removed all unused languages, memopad, password keeper, some games and i'm on 140-142 MB free on my 8900.
    01-07-09 11:39 AM
    I still find it ridiculously stupid that apps that you're not even running slow down the OS simply by virtue of being on the phone! I can't say I've seen much difference between having VZNav on or off and I've not really ever installed many of the chat clients and what not so all that is really there is the icon. But even still an app that is not running and simply loaded on the device should have nearly no affect on speed providing you haven't completely filled the device.
    I agree, I don't understand how applications on the phone that haven't been installed can cause this much of a difference.

Perhaps, everyone is falling into a placebo effect, including myself, and we all just think its faster after we delete some apps.
    01-07-09 01:17 PM
    I agree, I don't understand how applications on the phone that haven't been installed can cause this much of a difference.

Perhaps, everyone is falling into a placebo effect, including myself, and we all just think its faster after we delete some apps.
    You can think whatever you want. All I know is mine is fast and fluid.
    01-07-09 01:19 PM
    I deleted the visual voice mail and VZ navigator, and it seems to make it respond faster
    01-07-09 01:22 PM
    I got rid of BrickBreaker, Help, VZ Nav, VVM, and all 3rd party apps I was done playing with. Also moved all my icons around and condense my home screen from 22+ Icons to 16ish and it's a lot smoother.
    01-07-09 01:28 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD