My Storm was freaking out last night.. and died while I was trying to take a picture last night. And as I was trying to get it to work again (before hard restarting by pulling out the battery), I clicked some buttons in attempt to make it work. Once it restarted and everything, I saw that my SMS folder is gone from my icons.

How can I get it back?? I can't even read my text messages in my "Message" folder now, I have to go to Messages > View Folders > SMS texts. WTF! Does anyone know what menu I can go to or ANYTHING, that would get my SMS folder back on the main icon screen?? Thanks!
    02-02-09 03:00 PM
    Go to your home screen with all your icons. Then click on the bb key and hit unhide icons and you should see it then you can unhide that folder under its options

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-09 03:04 PM
    I mean hit show all

02-02-09 03:05 PM
    It's deleted, not hidden. I know the difference, thanks.
    02-02-09 03:05 PM
    How did you delete it?!? Delete is not an option in the menu when you select the SMS/MMS folder.
    02-02-09 05:32 PM
    Jeez, someone gives you a suggestion (in a very nice way, I might add) and you snap back at them? That's not a good way to start off asking for help.
    02-02-09 05:40 PM
    i have to agree with blackwidow, thats not a very nice way to respond to help, but maybe you moved the folder somewhere and didnt delete it.
    02-02-09 05:54 PM
    You can't delete it Mr. Snippy.
    02-02-09 06:05 PM
    haha someones cranky
    02-02-09 06:12 PM
    Do you have DM on your PC, If so I think you should be able to restore to the last saved point prior to the mis-hab.
    Last edited by wesand1; 02-02-09 at 06:23 PM.
    02-02-09 06:13 PM
    Hope you find it. I always get frustrated when I can't figure things out. You're only human.
    02-02-09 06:14 PM
    You can't delete it Mr. Snippy.

I absolutely love reading your posts. They always have me rolling in the floor laughing.
    02-02-09 06:17 PM
    Messages>Options>General Options>SMS and Email Inboxes>Theme Controlled/Separate

Sent from an automated response system of the Wentouch A.I. Interface.
    02-02-09 06:23 PM

I absolutely love reading your posts. They always have me rolling in the floor laughing.
    ROFLMAO FTW!
    02-02-09 10:35 PM
    Messages>Options>General Options>SMS and Email Inboxes>Theme Controlled/Separate

Sent from an automated response system of the Wentouch A.I. Interface.
    Thanks! This is the only suggestion that worked.

And I'm sorry for sounding "snippy," but I don't like it when people act like the SIMPLEST thing is the answer, and I don't know what I'm talking about. I've had a BBs for over 2 years, and I know the difference between hiding and deleting things.

What happened was a freak accident. I wasn't even sure WHAT happened. So I came here for help. Thank you all for me soo inviting.
    02-03-09 01:07 AM
    In screen/keyboard options reset home icons that should eart them if not dm or wiping it is the only way

02-03-09 01:07 AM
    Hey, I accidentally deleted my message folder as well but I tried the theme controlled/separate thing and it didn't work. Should I changed it to combined? I did that and it still didn't work 8(

I have a Bold, by the way. It's actually my mom's and I don't want her to have to go to view folders every time to see her texts
    04-12-09 08:14 PM
    Thanks! This is the only suggestion that worked.

And I'm sorry for sounding "snippy," but I don't like it when people act like the SIMPLEST thing is the answer, and I don't know what I'm talking about. I've had a BBs for over 2 years, and I know the difference between hiding and deleting things.

What happened was a freak accident. I wasn't even sure WHAT happened. So I came here for help. Thank you all for me soo inviting.
    Here's the thing... you didn't say "I know I didn't hide it"... and you only have 3 posts, so people are going to think you're new, and they are going to suggest you try the simplest things first... like "unhiding" an icon. That person was just trying to be helpful (not knowing your history with BBs).
    04-12-09 08:20 PM
    In screen/keyboard options reset home icons that should eart them if not dm or wiping it is the only way

In the options i go to screen/keyboard and there's nothing that says reset home icons :\
    04-12-09 08:20 PM
    In the options i go to screen/keyboard and there's nothing that says reset home icons :\
    not in the screen keyboard options, in landscape, hit the bb button, and the menu will come up, go into "options" there and it will give you the option, if you're in portrait, you'll have to hitt bb button twice, once to get to app screen then once to open up the menu.
    04-12-09 08:43 PM
    i'm reallly sorry this is so complicated, but in the options i've looked around and there's nothing that says reset home icons o.O
    04-12-09 09:54 PM
    hit the end key like 20 times...until it stops changing...then hold the phone in landscape...then hit the blackberry button (with all the dots on it) then select options and click, it will bring you to "homescreen preferences"...scroll down and select 'reset icon arrangement...then put your helmet back on.
    04-12-09 09:59 PM
    I have a Bold, not a Storm. And still no homescreen preferences.. this is so annoying! thank you for your help though
    04-12-09 10:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD