would there be anyway to access the internet on your blackberry through your pc?
    03-23-09 05:06 PM
    Nope, the storm doesn't have wifi, only 9520, which is still rumoured, anndddd in Canada.
    03-23-09 05:09 PM
    Nope, the storm doesn't have wifi, only 9520, which is still rumoured, anndddd in Canada.
    yes i know it doesn't have wifi
    what i was wondering is this
    if i hook my storm to my pc (which has internet connection)
    if i could piggy back my storm to it
    i know you can use your storm as a modem to run your pc
    i was wondering if it could be reversed the other way?
    03-25-09 02:30 PM
    interesting question. You want to use your PC to access the net and display it on the Storm?
    03-25-09 02:36 PM
    "Tethering" your Storm to your PC to act as a modem is a pretty standard procedure, but Verizon levies a charge for this, since it turns your Storm into a bandwidth-suckin' monster.

You can subscribe to Verizon's tethering plan, or you can buy Tetherberry (http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/tetherberry-168026/) and hope Verizon doesn't catch you downloading 15Gb of data a month.
    03-25-09 02:44 PM
    interesting question. You want to use your PC to access the net and display it on the Storm?
    yes this is what i'm wondering
    03-25-09 02:51 PM
    yes i know it doesn't have wifi
    what i was wondering is this
    if i hook my storm to my pc (which has internet connection)
    if i could piggy back my storm to it
    i know you can use your storm as a modem to run your pc
    i was wondering if it could be reversed the other way?
    I've never seen such capability but can't see why it wouldn't be possible. The nagging question I have is why?

You want to use your BB and gain internet access through a connection to your PC. If you have the ability to directly connect to the PC, why not just use the PC to access internet resources?

Only thing I can come up with is you want to do this to run OTA installs without using the BB data connection. But again, if you have a PC connection, installing through DM isn't that much more effort.
    03-25-09 02:53 PM
    Only thing I can come up with is you want to do this to run OTA installs without using the BB data connection. But again, if you have a PC connection, installing through DM isn't that much more effort.
    could you explain how this could be done?
    03-25-09 02:56 PM
    I used to be able to do that with my old windows mobile phone. I had to go in and reconfigure network settings to be able to do it but I'm not sure that it can work in "reverse" for the Storm
    03-25-09 11:52 PM
    still no answer for this question, is what i m searching for a while me to ....
    05-13-09 08:02 AM
    Wanted to bump this thread as I have a Curve I'm working on getting back up and running from the graveyard and don't feel like constantly swapping my SIM with my Pearl Flip in order to download apps, updates, etc. and would rather pull all the data via my PC on DSL.
    05-25-09 12:51 PM
    No there is not a way to my knowledge to accomplish this. Why would you not just download to your pc and load with dm?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-09 01:16 PM
    Just load the app/ update to your pc and install. Then on dm select the option for adding software then select the appropriate option. If its software a list will show up and you click the box next to what you want to add uncheck what you would like to remove. Hope that helps.

Last edited by JNABBOTT; 05-25-09 at 08:15 PM.
    05-25-09 08:09 PM
    I want these 2 minutes of my life back. This thread is worthless and the goal the OP has is ridiculous and equally worthless. I hate myself for reading this.
    Last edited by brianr0131; 05-25-09 at 09:21 PM.
    05-25-09 09:00 PM
    so you want to tether...but instead of your berry to be the PC, you want to use the home services to run the data on your phone? like a hard wire version of wi-fi?

i am so confused....
    05-25-09 09:23 PM
    I want these 2 minutes of my life back. This thread is worthless and the goal the OP has is ridiculous and equally worthless. I hate myself for reading this.
    Rude, but it made me lol. Sorry I have nothing to contribute lol

05-25-09 09:23 PM
    what i think you were trying to say was this,

"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
    05-25-09 09:24 PM
    So I have a computer with a nice big screen and a huge keyboad but I really, really, really need to look at the internet on my small phone with a small virtual keyboard. Oh yea, I know my phone can use the internet very well, but can you help me use my computer's connection? Please? It's important.
    05-26-09 09:11 AM
    Personally, I have a plan that limits the MB I can use every month or I incur fees. The apps I have on my storm do updates and whatnot constantly (email, weather, etc).

I just started this plan, so I can't say how significant these updates are in terms of usage, but if I could get that for free by tethering to my computers bluetooth when I'm home, that would overcome the wifi-deficiency on my blackberry storm.

There are also times when it's just easier to download the app directly on the phone - why connect when it can (in theory) do it wirelessly?
    01-15-10 02:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD