I called verizon today about a replacement for my phone becuase the screen is flickering. This would be the 2nd replacement I got, and the first one I ordered 1 week ago from today..so I got it on Tuesday of this week. Is it acceptable for them to transfer me to the techs do a hard reset on the phone then say "it should be working now so we arnt sending you a replacement"?

It seems like they just don't want to deal with storm returns any longer...which, How is the screen flickering a software issue? Kind of seems funny to me. Just wondering what other people thing on what happened.
    01-16-09 08:02 PM
    Are you beyond your 30 days? If not, then call them bacl and demand a replacement.

If you are, then I hope you got insurance.
    01-16-09 08:03 PM
    Heres the funny thing, the 30 days was today, and they refused me of the replacement.
    01-16-09 08:06 PM
    You can get a refurb at 30 days

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-09 08:08 PM
    Today is not over. Call back and dont take no for an answer.
    01-16-09 08:09 PM
    If you're still within your 30 days, they cannot refuse you a replacement. Even if you're on your last day.

Verizons return policy states "Only one exchange within the first 30 days will be honored, unless the exchange is requested due to defective equipment." It's printed on their receipt. So if your device is defective, they must honor their posted policy.

Simply keep asking to talk to the person you're speaking with's supervisor. Eventually you'll get someone who will help you correctly, or just not care enough to give you what you need.
    01-16-09 08:10 PM
    Whether you're in the 30 days or not, you've got a 1yr warranty on the phone. As long as they don't find some sort of damage to the phone (water or physical), you're entitled to get a replacement at no charge
    01-16-09 08:10 PM
    alrighty, calling them back now. now I remembered why I switched from Verizon in the first place...why did I go back again? :P
    01-16-09 08:14 PM
    alrighty, calling them back now. now I remembered why I switched from Verizon in the first place...why did I go back again? :P
    Because there americas most realliable network? Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-09 08:25 PM
    if you take it into a Corporate store they will most likely get you a new phone...
    01-16-09 08:47 PM
    I called verizon today about a replacement for my phone becuase the screen is flickering. This would be the 2nd replacement I got, and the first one I ordered 1 week ago from today..so I got it on Tuesday of this week. Is it acceptable for them to transfer me to the techs do a hard reset on the phone then say "it should be working now so we arnt sending you a replacement"?

It seems like they just don't want to deal with storm returns any longer...which, How is the screen flickering a software issue? Kind of seems funny to me. Just wondering what other people thing on what happened.
    Seems like you need some negotiation skills man.
    People like to take advantage of other people.

So if you don't sound strong, or don't have perseverance, you will always get shunned away.

FYI:
    I bought my phone on launch day (11-21) and last night around this same time I called VZN and asked for a replacement.

1st CSR which wasn't tech support offered a FRU.
    I told her that the battery doesn't hold charges. She said it was the phone.
    I said it was the battery and IF it really is the battery then a new phone would do no good.

I asked for the supervisor because she asked me, "was I able to help resolve all of your questions?" -I said NO, and she didn't like that!

I spoke to the *super* and sure, it took a LONG time...but since my return policy was extended to Jan 15th, I didn't roll over when even HE told me that there was NO SUCH thing as an extended return policy. It was on my receipt but I wasn't at home...

So, the phone was overnighted, a brand new phone because- THAT IS WHAT YOU PAID FOR!!!!!- Not a refurb...

Don't give up and act weak, you will get results.
    01-16-09 08:58 PM
    Don't ask DEMAND it, if its not acceptable, then you demand another one. Even if you've had, say, 20 replacements, as long as you're in your 30 days (which you are) then you can get another one.
    01-16-09 09:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD