Does anyone know how this sensor works? I am curious if its a liquid switch or a gyro, or what...
    12-12-08 09:27 AM
    Does anyone know how this sensor works? I am curious if its a liquid switch or a gyro, or what...
    Try Google.

Accelerometer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    12-12-08 09:32 AM
    I think he was asking about the specific type used in the storm not a general description of what it is.
    12-12-08 09:33 AM
    I think he was asking about the specific type used in the storm not a general description of what it is.
    You obviously were too lazy to click on the link. It discusses the Storm and other devices there.
    12-12-08 09:37 AM
    It's corn syrup. It's cheaper, but makes the phone smell nice.

Sure, it makes the phone less responsive when changing orientation, but sometimes you can taste the syrup oozing from the gaps in the touch screen. It's quite a treat.
    12-12-08 09:40 AM
    Thanks and I did try google. That was my first source but when I didn't find specifics as to the type the Storm/iPhone used I moved on to posting here...
    12-12-08 09:42 AM
    It's corn syrup. It's cheaper, but makes the phone smell nice.

Sure, it makes the phone less responsive when changing orientation, but sometimes you can taste the syrup oozing from the gaps in the touch screen. It's quite a treat.
    I was going to go with mercury if it was any liquid but hey, maybe syrup... I was just curious and thinking of ways for it to work right off the top of my head. If I were an engineer vs. a project manager I maybe would have understood piezoelectric devices better and would have thought that...
    12-12-08 09:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD