This is really strange. When turning the Storm from Portrait to Landscape mode...It is really fast. When turning from Landscape to Landscape it is also fast. When turning from a Landscape position back to Portrait...it either is really slow or won't turn to Portrait at all. Any ideas?
    01-07-09 03:42 PM
    I noticed that you need to pull the top of the phone towards you a bit, so it realizes that its standing up. not sure why the accelerometer needs that to flip, cause with that app which uses the accelerometer to move the ball, on the 3rd party forum, you dont need to do it
    01-07-09 03:44 PM
    Mine does the exact same thing. This is the second storm ice had and they are both guilty of it. Maybe when a fresh OS comes out it will be better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 03:46 PM
    mine does the same thing, annoys me lol
    01-07-09 04:00 PM
    mine does the same thing. just got a replacement today and its a little better.
    01-07-09 04:04 PM
    It could be that when going to portrait mode the phone has to load the background image that you have configured so it's slower. The size of the background image may also be a factor in this.
    01-07-09 04:08 PM
    I think because it has to re aling and change all the homepage icons to portrait mode instead of keeping it in landscape and just mirroring it to the other side.. As posted above later OS's will fix this.. When I was on leaked .85 it was probably 35-40% better.
    01-07-09 04:10 PM
    This USED to bother me TONS, but I just happened to get used to it. Now that I have learned to expect it to lag, it doesn't bother me at all.
    01-07-09 04:18 PM
    This USED to bother me TONS, but I just happened to get used to it. Now that I have learned to expect it to lag, it doesn't bother me at all.
    Ditto here.
    01-07-09 04:20 PM
    forgot to add, im on .85 and it seems to be not a problem at all, its flawlessly working
    01-07-09 04:59 PM
    At least we know this is software related and not hardware. I am having similar issues as well. I'm sure a newer Os wil fix this.

01-07-09 05:31 PM
    The accelerometer itself is insanely sensitive and quick.. I tried the trick posted a few threads back with the demo download and it really shows you what the device has the potential of doing.
    01-07-09 05:45 PM
    mine does the same thing
    01-07-09 05:48 PM
    does anybody else wish it didnt change to landscape? i sometimes wish they made it so it just always stays at portrait and only goes to landscape whenever you need to type or use the browser etc.
    01-07-09 07:05 PM
    does anybody else wish it didnt change to landscape? i sometimes wish they made it so it just always stays at portrait and only goes to landscape whenever you need to type or use the browser etc.
    I would probably keep my phone if it had an option to change for this to work... the accelerometer is probably the #1 culprit of how inefficient the phone is.
    01-07-09 07:08 PM
    I think many agree with that! Other than the built in hardware issues - that is the single most irritating thing about the storm.
    01-07-09 07:14 PM
    well maybe someone will make an app so it wont change into portrait if its possible?

yeah for a little bit i started to hate the storm because of all the hardware issues and of course accelerometer being so gay. i would get pissed when i would try to go back to portrait but the damn thing just got stuck in landscape. happened to at least a few times a day. but my replacement actually feels a little faster, no random restarts yet, and the accelerometer seems to respond better.
    01-07-09 07:18 PM
    It would be nice if you could state a preference for screen orientation, or have it app specific ... I'm such a dreamer!
    01-07-09 07:33 PM
    Thanks for all the input. Seems like an updated OS might help. I went ahead and did a battery pull and that sped things up quite a bit. Also, as one poster said, tilting it towards you as it is standing up also seems to help. Thanks again.
    01-08-09 07:58 AM
    Love the storm but I definitely experience problems quickly and consistently switching to portrait mode

01-08-09 09:22 AM
    JUST FIND A WAY TO LOCK IT INTO PORTRAIT. WHEN I WANT TO GO TO LANDSCAPE, JUST GIVE ME SOMETHING TO PUSH TO ACTIVATE THE FUNCTION.

And, while the menu screen is up or for incoming calls, flipping from landscape(which it is sure to be in if you move the phone at all) is a huge pain in the ***. Way too much lag.
    01-08-09 10:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD