With my curve, I frequently browse the web a bit before going to sleep. (Pathetic, I know, but it's less eyestrain than reading by bedside lamp and doesn't disturb my wife as much).

Most often, I lie on my side while I do this. Will there be a way to stop the Storm from rotating the screen? I'm playing with the simulator and I don't see any options in Screen/Keyboard for orientation.

Bob
    11-14-08 03:06 PM
    lol i was going to say whod want to but you do have a valid situation. Im wondering though if the phone itself has a tilt sensor i would think no. if the OS some how controls it all id say yes.
    11-14-08 03:10 PM
    technically referred to as an acceleromator, hence the original title.
    11-14-08 03:42 PM
    Actually I was wondering if it had a setting to adjust sensitivity. None in the simulator but I think that would solve your problem if there was one.

Maybe some future update or 3rd-party app will address that.
    11-14-08 03:47 PM
    I use to have this problem back when I had an iPhone... there was no way to turn it off, but i got use to it... just learned to read sideways..lol
    11-14-08 04:05 PM
    Wow, good question. I feel silly for having overlooked this because I do the same thing and read stuff on my side when in bed sometimes. Humm, going to have to lay on the floor and test this out in the store before purchase. Damn, that's two possible things that could keep me from buying this. Sheeet!
    11-14-08 04:08 PM
    well.. to be honest after a while of using the iphone you learn how to trick the phone into not switching at certain angles.. =)

either way it will more then likely take a few weeks to get used to the phone but it wont be much different then what you have and reading it on the side is much better for your eyes everything on the screen has more room so things are larger and easier to read without always having to zoom in etc you will see when you check it out =)
    11-14-08 04:10 PM
    The same thing happens with my Ipod touch. It drives me crazy!
    11-14-08 04:12 PM
    Damn non-gyro based accelerometers!
    11-14-08 04:18 PM
    The same thing happens with my Ipod touch. It drives me crazy!
    yeah i hate it on my ipod touch its like, come on apple, let us just turn it off
    11-14-08 04:29 PM
    Wow, good question. I feel silly for having overlooked this because I do the same thing and read stuff on my side when in bed sometimes. Humm, going to have to lay on the floor and test this out in the store before purchase. Damn, that's two possible things that could keep me from buying this. Sheeet!

Haha, everyone point and laugh at the dude pretending to have a seizure in the middle of the store!!
    11-14-08 04:37 PM
    my new canon camera has one, and it was available to turn it off.
    11-14-08 04:38 PM
    The real question is...if I took a Storm up on the space shuttle would the screen just go all wonky?
    11-14-08 05:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD