Do you guys think it will make themes like second nature for the storm to use? Themes now are just plain annoying: some actually look pretty damn good don't get me wrong but going from the home screen to the app menu is slow, lock/unlock is slow, accelerometer orientation change is sluggish. I think any one who says themes are super fast are just plain BS, just like the ones that say 148/151/167 are super fast. Only 5.0 aNd up show any real speed change and it also shows in the themes that are used, example is 191.

Although the app memory is small on the storm, that hasn't stopped rim devs from optimizing the code on the OS and making it speedy while at the same time adding in new features. Some even speculated that the camera is going to be "HD". I don't see why plasmic 5.0 can't make themes faster.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-09 02:31 PM
    there are many variables that go into the functionality and speed of themes. There are plenty of themes that work very well on 4.7 operating systems (besides 167) and are just as fast as the stock zen theme. Being that the themes were not made with a version of plazmic that is updated for 5.0, it stands to reason that their performance will suffer when used on 5.0. If you want a theme that work well with 4.7 and is super fast (or at least as fast as the default theme) try the orbital theme by ahazdesigns. It's pretty lame to just lump every custom theme out there into the "just plain annoying" category as you put it.
    09-05-09 02:47 PM
    themes are plenty fast IMO unless they are bogged down with crap. My lock is instant and transitions seem fast in 191. and really before that too in 151...if they get fast then the transitions are worthless cause you wont see them
    09-05-09 02:49 PM
    The smaller the size of the theme, the faster the storm. Try a simple theme like elle then go to a 1mb theme with a start bar and 15 hidden docks then you'll see a major difference.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-09 02:51 PM
    try any one of ECruz themes. You will see that they look the best (IMO), and are very fast when it comes to a custom theme. Most are free so just try it and you will see. I am currently runnning win7 by ECruz on 5.0.0.328 and it is just as fast as the precision zen stock. Sure there are some problems like occasionally the main menu in landscape can have blurry parts on the sides, but when you go to portrait mode not only does it switch fast, it fixs the problem. Just give it a try.
    11-03-09 02:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD