Verizon is shipping me a new Storm because of severe dust under the screen issues and I'm concerned about the many 3rd party PIN specific apps that I have on my current storm. Since, of course, my new storm will have a different PIN will that mean all of my PIN specific apps i.e. Quicklaunch, Storm Yahtzee etc.. will have to be repurchased?

My main concern will be Mobile Garmin since I paid $80 for it.

I've backed up everything including my memory card. I hope that I'm worrying over nothing.
    03-23-09 11:16 PM
    Anybody know?
    03-24-09 02:39 AM

I've backed up everything including my memory card. I hope that I'm worrying over nothing.
    From what I've seen your old apps won't work on your new device anymore. However, so far I always received a new activation key when I explained the situation. Just ask for one - I seriously doubt any developer will make you pay again.

peter
    03-24-09 03:24 AM
    Verizon is shipping me a new Storm because of severe dust under the screen issues and I'm concerned about the many 3rd party PIN specific apps that I have on my current storm. Since, of course, my new storm will have a different PIN will that mean all of my PIN specific apps i.e. Quicklaunch, Storm Yahtzee etc.. will have to be repurchased?

My main concern will be Mobile Garmin since I paid $80 for it.

For each app you have, you'll have to email support. Go to the contact page for that app and get the support email address.

You have to provide in your email the old & new pin #. Some respond immediately and some take a while.
    03-24-09 03:27 AM
    For each app you have, you'll have to email support. Go to the contact page for that app and get the support email address.

You have to provide in your email the old & new pin #. Some respond immediately and some take a while.
    i had to do the same
    03-24-09 04:34 AM
    Ugh. I was afraid that was what I was going to have to do.

Oh well it sounds like you guys didn't have much of a problem with support. I hope I have the same luck.
    03-24-09 07:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD