Why is there an option to keep them forever, if it really doesnt?
    I notice it clears them out passed like 5 or 6 weeks...
    05-31-09 05:38 PM
    there is a limit of how many messages can be stored on the phone...
    for example, lets say only 60 messages can be stored, u have 60 messages, one more message comes in and the very first message gets deleted

(neone correct me if im wrong plz)
    05-31-09 05:42 PM
    Why is there an option to keep them forever, if it really doesnt?
    I notice it clears them out passed like 5 or 6 weeks...
    This is why I routinely (~once a week) make an .ipd backup of my storm. So I have the messages if/when I ever need them again....

Cheers,
    B.D.
    05-31-09 05:47 PM
    blackberrys do hold more than a regular phone. before the storm i had the dare, and it only held like 160 messages. and i would have to manually delete them before i got more texts, which was a pain...

BUT
    is there anyway i can have them set to be saved on my memory card so i can store more?
    05-31-09 05:55 PM
    I could be wrong, but as far as I know, none of the Blackberries let yiu save SMS on an sd card. With this having been said, you can do what BostonDan has said above and what I do, routinely backup your device. Backing up creates an .ipd file which can be read by a few programs. The best of these, IMHO is ABC Amber Blackberry Converter which allows you to open the .ipd and save the sms messages to a word or text file...or just simply read them again.
    Hope this helps. If this info is incorrect, I trust someone will come along and correct me so you have a true picture of what to do.
    05-31-09 06:05 PM
    blackberrys do hold more than a regular phone. before the storm i had the dare, and it only held like 160 messages. and i would have to manually delete them before i got more texts, which was a pain...

BUT
    is there anyway i can have them set to be saved on my memory card so i can store more?
    The dare can hold upwards of 200. I think mine topped out at 210..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 06:50 PM
    My text meesages store forever, as of now I have about 4053 (not stored on my media card) and my phone runs as smooth as when I bought it.
    05-31-09 07:06 PM
    I have about 2500 on mine last I looked

05-31-09 07:33 PM
    Can't you just highlight the SMS and choose Save? Then it will appear under Applications > Saved Messages...
    05-31-09 07:46 PM
    Have it set to forever. I have about 9,800 currently stored. Make sure you keep your application memory always above 10mb or else the phone will start to delete them to free up space. Also, delete your sent MMS messages to free up space as well.
    05-31-09 08:49 PM
    Check Options > memory > application memory free space. Recommended minimum 12mb.

If u want guide: HOW2: app mem
    05-31-09 09:11 PM
    Thanks alot

05-31-09 10:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD