I bought a used storm that was unlocked. I am using at&t service and I recieve all my emails and can use google maps without problems. My problem is my browser. I keep getting that i need to contact my service provider. My "EDGE" goes to "edge" and basicaly shuts down. I have searched the site and done the "how to get full usage" steps and even paid for the service and instructions from berryology and performed it. Contacted at&t and they are saying it is a problem with the storm and cant help. I have tried the battery pull for five minutes, and the resend service books, and my wap address. Any thoughts??
    08-11-09 04:00 PM
    Yeah! Drop ATT! . Sheesh........ Get verizon

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 04:08 PM
    Yeah! Drop ATT! . Sheesh........ Get verizon

Yep. Never been with AT&T but been with everyone else. Coverage with Verizon seems to rock. Of course if you are under contract with ATT switching is a less attractive option.
    08-11-09 04:13 PM
    verizon service is horribe where iam located at. Although i have been told that once everything is completed with alltel is should be better in my area.
    08-11-09 04:21 PM
    Huh.... Never heard that one before. I had att . Cingular (before it became part of att) nextel . Tmobile . 3 years ago I switched to Verizon. Though somewhat pricey but best service personally so far.

08-11-09 04:28 PM
    Have u gone into the bb browser. Then bb button and options. Then browser options. Change the internet browser to internet. NOT AT@T or VERIZON

Also change the browser config options to the INTERNET.

I changed mine from vodafone to internet and worked almost perfectly from then on.

Give it a go.

08-11-09 04:44 PM
    Huh.... Never heard that one before. I had att . Cingular (before it became part of att) nextel . Tmobile . 3 years ago I switched to Verizon. Though somewhat pricey but best service personally so far.

May have misunderstood me, but verizon just started offering service in my area and it is very limited. The coverage area is small where I live. One of my employees has verizon (He has the storm, thats why I wanted one) and he has to use my phone alot because of his coverage.
    08-11-09 10:49 PM
    Ok . Gotcha

08-11-09 11:21 PM
    When EDGE is in capital letters then it means you are receiving data coverage in that area and that you are paying for data on your plan with AT&T. If the words edge is in lower case, either you do not have data service in that area or the correct data plan changes have not been applied to your account for BIS (Blackberry Internet Service) activation/provisioning because this plan is different from other smart phone plans. Please contact AT&T and make sure your plan is set to have BlackBerry.

08-11-09 11:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD