i have not used anything but 100 percent approved os' and have never had a problem with the storm..

maybe you need to not do hybrid
    06-19-09 08:40 PM
    I would play around with different radio files, that MIGHT help. But first off I would do a wipe and reload.
    06-19-09 09:47 PM
    You should sell your storm on ebay and use the money to buy a dictionary. It is break not brake you dumb @ss.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Sadly not everyone is as smart as their phone.
    I guess you guys didn't even read the post and the OP spelled it like that on purpose. More mindless blackberry users insulting each other. Good job.
    06-19-09 10:11 PM
    Its a storm its a pos. Every other blackberry is a lot more stable. I have learned that the latest is not the greatest. I am waiting for a while before getting a tour. I have learned a lot since getting the storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I love your pointless posts. They are so freakin amusing. Keep em coming.

Oh wait I know whats wrong with your storm. Its called a PEBKAC moment
    06-19-09 10:29 PM
    I guess you guys didn't even read the post and the OP spelled it like that on purpose. More mindless blackberry users insulting each other. Good job.
    you mean we actually have to read the post first............shhhnnaapppp. Now I get it. Thanks.

oh wait, that was pretty mindless wasnt it
    06-19-09 10:30 PM
    Well, you could always try using the phone on the network it was designed for...
    06-19-09 11:25 PM
    Here is something that is posted on Blackberry.com that may help the people trying to hold an EDGE connection.

Thanks to JSanders for the post.

Do this on your Storm:

My experience (and I've had quite a bit with this same AT&T "EDGE" issue) is that after the OS install or a battery pull reboot, if you go to Manage Connections > Mobile Network Options > and set the Network Mode to 2G only (not 3G and & 2G which is the default setting) you will hold EDGE solid.

After making that change to 3G only, you must return to Manage Connections > Mobile Network, an UNcheck, let the signal go off, and reenable it a minute later to catch full EDGE, sometimes 3-4x doing that may be needed.

OS .48 has been great for holding EDGE for me.

Good luck.
    06-19-09 11:32 PM
    The devise is plain and simple a joke! Anyone who uses this devise for work daily and demands it to work will be greatly disappointed in its reliability. From what I have read here on this forum the ones who like it use it for play. Silly kids. Riddled with problems. Get away from this forum and read some real reviews anywhere on the web and the Storm is the laughing stock of the smart phone.
    06-20-09 11:16 AM
    The devise is plain and simple a joke! Anyone who uses this devise for work daily and demands it to work will be greatly disappointed in its reliability. From what I have read here on this forum the ones who like it use it for play. Silly kids. Riddled with problems. Get away from this forum and read some real reviews anywhere on the web and the Storm is the laughing stock of the smart phone.
    If you actually took the time to learn how to use this device you would find that it works perfectly fine. I use my phone daily for everything including work and have no issues with it. The problem with forums is people like you, they have an issue because it doesn't work the way they thought that it should and you come in here and bash the device when all along you should be bashing yourself. If the storm is the laughing stock of the smart phone market why is it the 3rd best selling smart phone on the market? The reality is that for every one person that has an issue and bashed any device there are probably 5-10 that love the device and have no reason to get on a forum and complain about it. They will spend their days doing something else while they enjoy their devices that work properly.

Proof that you don't know how to use your device is in your tag line under your name you have a 9530 not a 9500.
    06-20-09 11:30 AM
    Clearly, you have little clue as to what you're talking about. Don't presume you speak for everyone simply because you "may" have read a review or two - you don't! I use mine for work and play and have no issues whatsoever.

Stop complaining. Go lose your 9500 and get something you feel is better. I submit that the phone is a little more advanced than what you can handle - "plain and simple".
    Last edited by grgiwoyna; 06-20-09 at 11:35 AM.
    06-20-09 11:31 AM
    zero issues with .148
    06-20-09 11:48 AM
    PEBKAC, yet another one.

Its not our fault or the storms that you cant figure out how to use a SMARTphone
    06-20-09 03:13 PM
    zero issues with .148
    no way, not possible, never happened, not true

j/k by the way
    06-20-09 03:15 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD