Just got my replacement. What do I do? Do I back up my current storm. Then hook the new one and go from there ? Does it only do contacts or my hole phone like apps,pics settings etc?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-08 09:51 PM
    good question, im investing a lot of time in stting this thing up and id hate to have to do it all over again should i need a replacement.

answers?
    12-24-08 10:28 PM
    Just got my replacement. What do I do? Do I back up my current storm. Then hook the new one and go from there ? Does it only do contacts or my hole phone like apps,pics settings etc?

I would use device swap. Because your backup is pin specific me thinks.

12-24-08 10:31 PM
    Ok when I do the device swap its asking for pin info but I have to select it. It won't let me type it in? Should I just wait and take it to vzw tomorrow

12-25-08 11:26 AM
    K I figured it out. When prompt for the new pin just unplug ur old phone then plug the new one and go from there. It transfered everything even settings .

12-25-08 03:12 PM
    Sorry I didn't see this earlier because I did mine this morning. The only thing it didn't do was import my bluetooth device, (headset), had to do that the regular way. It did work nice though..
    12-25-08 04:56 PM
    K I figured it out. When prompt for the new pin just unplug ur old phone then plug the new one and go from there. It transfered everything even settings .

wait what? what app promted for pin? is there some backup program you used?
    12-25-08 09:52 PM
    BB Desktop manager

12-25-08 09:53 PM
    Thanks for the info. Might have to do this next week

12-25-08 09:55 PM
    Backup: Plug in device>Open DM>Backup/Restore> and save it somewhere easy to get to.

Restore: Plug in device>Open DM>Backup/Restore>Restore
    12-25-08 10:01 PM
    Here's a good link if you want to back your 3rd parts apps to be able to restore them later.
    12-25-08 10:26 PM

PSI

Did you do this with backup/restore or did you use swap to a new device?

Thanks.
    12-29-08 01:15 PM
    With out looking at the DM I think it was the BU and restore. It was the option on the left.

12-29-08 01:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD