View Poll Results: Sticking With the First Storm?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! My Storm works great!

25 28.74%
  • No way! Faster I can get the Odin the better!

22 25.29%
  • I'm taking a wait and see approach.

38 43.68%
  • I will never get another touchscreen berry again!

2 2.30%
    I wanted to start a poll to see how many of you current S1 owners are going to be abandoning ship and getting yourselves the S2 (regardless of upgrade eligible or not)

I wanna know if people are happy enough with their first generation storms, especially since 5.0 is coming out.

I for one, will be sticking with my first Storm, as I don't have an upgrade and can't afford full retail.
    09-09-09 02:16 PM
    With me, as I usually find with most of these polls, the answer is not available. I'm fine with my Storm now but when I'm eligible I will indeed get a Storm 2 or some other type of phone. That's just how I roll.

I like new toys.
    09-09-09 02:25 PM
    you forgot to add the ones that are keeping there storm one and getting the storm 2
    09-09-09 02:26 PM
    you forgot to add the ones that are keeping there storm one and getting the storm 2
    +1

10char
    09-09-09 02:30 PM
    Thats the first option, when I meant abandon, I don't mean sell or otherwise get rid of, just not use anymore.
    09-09-09 02:31 PM
    Storm 2 for this guy!
    09-09-09 02:32 PM
    Thats the first option, when I meant abandon, I don't mean sell or otherwise get rid of, just not use anymore.
    Well then... Storm2 hands down!
    Outclasses the Storm1 in just about every aspect.
    09-09-09 02:36 PM
    I'm holding out for Storm 3.
    09-09-09 02:40 PM
    I will upgrade to the S2 but not for a while. I'm only 2 months into my current contract. If the S2 drops price down below $100 I will probably upgrade earlier. My phone is working pretty sweet right now. I'm waiting for the next leak/upgrade so that the camera will work again.
    09-09-09 02:44 PM
    I love my storm, but still think it needs improvements. Can't wait for the S2!
    09-09-09 02:46 PM
    The title of the poll is Abandoning Ship?

heres the options

Sticking With the First Storm?
    Heck Yes! My Storm works great!
    No way! Faster I can get the Odin the better!
    I'm taking a wait and see approach.
    I will never get another touchscreen berry again!

I think the title needs to be changed to :

Are You sticking with the first storm?

Than your choices would make more sense. And my point was you didnt have an option for : No Im not abandoning the S1 but I am getting the S2
    09-09-09 02:49 PM
    My guess is that about 50% of the Storm 2 will have the same issues as the Storm 1 and the Tour, e.g. muffled sound, drop calls, poor bluetooth, slow, etc. While most of the posts want to suggest that it's a network issue or country of origin, namely Mexico, I believe that RIM should be doing a better job with these phones. RIM has been in the business way too long to be subjecting customers to these sub par equipment. Again my guess is some customers will have to return about 5 (average return for Storm 1 and Tour) of the Storm 2 to get a fully fuctioning phone.
    09-09-09 03:08 PM
    I am going to keep mine there is no way they would release a new storm without fixing this one. The backlash VERIZON would get from existing storm owners would be harmful to sales and turnover in their customer base. I spoke to a rep he told me that question has come up several times in meetings and with customers lately. He told me the return rate for the storm is one of the highest the company has. I trust VERIZON will take care of us storm owners before the release of the storm 2.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    ha ha ha, good luck with that!
    09-09-09 03:33 PM
    Will decide a month after its released to give it some time. I still like my s1

09-09-09 03:41 PM
    Ill get the new one and give my old one to my wife

09-09-09 03:46 PM
    Although I personally haven't had any issues with my phone, they should allow ALL Verizon Storm owners the option to upgrade this year to the S2 at no cost. We went down this road hoping for a product that in some ways didn't deliver and have persevered through the lag. It would be fair for them to do so, but only for those who purchased the Storm and are current Verizon customers. Of course, they would need to draw the line somewhere for new owners, just not sure where that would be at this point.

I would say they should ABSOLUTELY upgrade those who have had numerous problems with their Storm, like dust, click, flat out not working devices and so forth. I would not fall into this category, unfortunately/fortunately. /
    09-09-09 03:56 PM
    well considering that i just got my storm the other day i don't think ill be getting the new one for a while...unless something happens to this one.
    09-09-09 03:59 PM
    Although I personally haven't had any issues with my phone, they should allow ALL Verizon Storm owners the option to upgrade this year to the S2 at no cost. We went down this road hoping for a product that in some ways didn't deliver and have persevered through the lag. It would be fair for them to do so, but only for those who purchased the Storm and are current Verizon customers. Of course, they would need to draw the line somewhere for new owners, just not sure where that would be at this point.

I would say they should ABSOLUTELY upgrade those who have had numerous problems with their Storm, like dust, click, flat out not working devices and so forth. I would not fall into this category, unfortunately/fortunately. /
    this won't happen...this is something that RIM would have to initiate, since they're the mfgr...VZW won't be doing anything like this

again, good luck with that
    09-09-09 04:02 PM
    yeah i going to wait it out until s3 comes out i just got my storm1 in july
    unless bell is nice to give me a free upgreade snice this is the 3rd one i using from them now
    09-09-09 04:03 PM
    +2 on that I cant wait to compare the two. I have a feeling this thread will be hijacked by trolls in 5..4..3..2..1..
    09-09-09 04:34 PM
    I will be upgrading. I love my storm, and can only hope the S2 will be as good, but I love having the newest technology that I'm interested in. Luckily for me when I got my replacment from a cracked screen I dropped it right into an Otterbox case with the plastic still on the plastic pieces. Hopefully I can resell the S1 for something since it's practically new still.
    09-09-09 04:41 PM
    I'd pay $200 to upgrade to a storm 2 possibly. But something like $700 retail... ***** that!

S1 is fine for me... It's really too much as it stands... I need to downgrade back to my RAZR v3m... lol
    09-09-09 05:30 PM
    I bought my S1 at no contract price specifically to save my VIP upgrade for the S2 , so I will definitley be owning both of them
    09-09-09 06:38 PM
    I am not eligible for upgrade for another year. By that time, I would assume. Lte will be somewhat widespread, so I would wait for an lte blackberry.

09-09-09 08:23 PM
    I am not eligible for upgrade for another year. By that time, I would assume. Lte will be somewhat widespread, so I would wait for an lte blackberry.

not very likely to be widespread.
    09-09-09 08:34 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD